Motec SG-2100 won't move West

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I just installed a Motec SG-2100 to my Technomate 1500+ receiver. I can get all sats from 1w - 26E and have no probelem moving W-E-W.

I have noticed that, when I choose a sat to the West of 1 deg W the dish moves East. It won't move further than to 1 deg W to the West. All channels comes in perfectly from the Eastwards sat's and I have checked cables and settings...

Not that it really matters as I have what I want, but the irritation of not understanding why is growing by the hour.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all of you...

:-fcm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You ned to check that you haven't got a Westerly limit sat in the motor setup menu. What DiseqC type are you set up for, USALS, GoToX or just plain DiseqC 1.2?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Try using the manual buttons on the bottom of the motor and see if it will move both East and West.

If that works - it will establish that the problem is with the signal from the receiver.

I remember this happening on my Dreambox but it was so long ago...

Have you carried out a search on the forum for similar problems?

J

Jeff_19341

Have you set up the position of the westerly satellites correctly in your receiver? You could try, as an example, 30*west as 330*east.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for all the replies.

I have set the Technomate to USALS and, as mentinoned earlier, it works wonders between 19 East to 1 West.

I tried to "manually" move the dish through the receiver and there were no problems getting it to move all the way to the West. It's only when the automatic movment is used. Weird...

One thing I noticed was that the box the motor came in didn't mention USALS but GotoX. Could this have something to do with the problem?

Also, as I get all the sat's between 1W and 19E I guess that the set up is correct with regards to the polemount, elevation etc...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
As Rolf mentioned, it looks like the westerly limit on your reciever is set incorectly. Can you do a screenshot of your motor setup page in the reciever menu ?.

Usals and GotoX are the same thing with different badges.

L.:)

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I tried the 330 dgr E trick as mentioned earlier but this didn't work either.

I checked both the east and west limitations but these were set to no limitation (software wise). I tried to move the dish manually (via the receiver) and moved over to around 30dgr West. I got a 98% quality lock on Hispasat and saw few a few seconds of TV Andalusia. The motor then decided to go back to a position on the East side of the arc which is apparantly thinks is 30 dgr West.

So, when I want to go to a west sat the dish moves east.

So far:

1. No limitations on the movement of the dish West and East.
2. All sat's are found perfectly when manually moving the dish via the receiver (or via the buttons on the motor) to the west or east.
3. The receiver thinks that the west positions are on the easterly arc.

I'll try and get a screenshot when possible, but can't promise anything.

Thanks again for all your inputs. It's making xmas a little merrier...

Cheers,

Fred

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If you are using GotoX , where did you tell the motor it lives in the world ? as it probably needs to know.

L.:)

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You were spot on Lancelot... I had forgotten to enter the coordinates of the position of the motor, which resulted in that it didn't want to move towards the West.

I now have everything from Turksat in the east to Hispasat in the west on a 80cm Nokia dish here in France.

It was quite easy to install and I didn't spend much more than 10 min getting the dish on the motor and getting it up and running. It would have been much faster if only I had thought of getting the correct position in straight away...

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me so fast and making this xmas extra merry.

Cheers

:-sugar