motech sg-2100 a

hotboy183

Reaction score
ok ive just paid for a moteck sg-2100 a motor and ive been doing some reading before it arives. ok let me explain how i think its done you mount the dish dead stright on the motor then mount the motor on to vert pole use a sat
meter or the meter on the stb to find 1w (by the way im in south london) get the best signal you can then bolt everything up.
whats net?
im using a echostar 2110ci and a 80cm dish if that helps.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Apart from setting your lattitude on the motor body, you've covered most of it, you could move the motor to 1w on the scale, this would make up for the difference, as you are probably pretty close to 0 degrees.

Once you have done that, go into motor settings, set to DiseqC or USALS if it has it and save the setting for 1W in your receiver setup menu. You should then be able to look for the other satellites. :)

hotboy183

Reaction score
whats a good site that that i can get my latitude from should get my moteck in the morning.

hotboy183

Reaction score
recived the motor today no internet untill friday anyway didnt have the lat and lon so for the time being i found hotbird then turned motor dead stright and locked up the lot but i can only seem to pick up hotbird,astra19,28 and sirius any ideas or will i need to go and set the lat and lon as said in book by the way my lat is 51.26n and lon is 0.06w.
i had a silly ???? idea that once you get in the ark and the motor is set to 0 you should be able to pick up most sat.
and thanks for those who have helped..

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I'll be doing this soon.. Does the elevation of the dish need to be set (according to my lat/ long position)?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should set your lattitude on the motor body, set the motor to zero and then find Thor 1W, once done you will then find the other satellites, no good setting zero on anything other than your due South satellite.

hotboy183

Reaction score
well ive just spoken to a friend and hes got a sat meter but he cant get it for a next week dont want to wat that long but when i try to use the meter on the stb i cant find iw . if i can pick up hotbirb now does that mean i dont need to change the lat and lon on motor and dish bracket to find 1w just swing to the west? another quick question should i leave the skew in the same pos.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the lattitude is set correctly on the motor, then you need to swing the whole assembly on the pole and adjust elevation on the dish, if you have Hotbird, then you need to set the dish higher, as 1W is at the top of the arc. You should have no skew whatsoever, the motor does that by adjusting the dish orientation.

You should not be moving the motor with the receiver at this stage, as it will not help you, you need to follow the procedure to the letter.

hotboy183

Reaction score
well when i get home ill give it a tray with out the meter so if anyone in the london area sees a man playing with his dish its me.
thanks rolfw you have been a great help to will let you know how it goes

hotboy183

Reaction score
setup my dish by the book last night but still no joy im going to wait for the meter.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a digital camera, why not take some photos of the setup, we may be able to spot any obvious problems.

hotboy183

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If you have a digital camera, why not take some photos of the setup, we may be able to spot any obvious problems.
will take some pics when i get home the will be up in the morning.
i found the link with all you have told me rolfw and so much more.