My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi

Does anyone know how far the dish moves when I step it manually east or west on a Moteck SG2100 motor.

I am trying to find a weak satellite by manually stepping around from a strong one.

Thanks all

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
less than 1 degree. I used the "Move" command (Dreambox) on every satellite when storing the position to find the strongest signal.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Some (most) have menu settings for number of steps motor takes,see the menu in whatever (reciever/card) you are using for this.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Its 0.1 degree west or east.

USALS is the best thing you can use today.

whatsthis said:
Hi

Does anyone know how far the dish moves when I step it manually east or west on a Moteck SG2100 motor.

I am trying to find a weak satellite by manually stepping around from a strong one.

Thanks all

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
What you could do is set the motor on 1 west for instance, and then move it manually with single steps to say 5 east, whilst counting the steps. This will give you an idea how much you need for moving the dish.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
T_G said:
What you could do is set the motor on 1 west for instance, and then move it manually with single steps to say 5 east, whilst counting the steps. This will give you an idea how much you need for moving the dish.

That's a good idea mate!:)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
steffan_st said:
That's a good idea mate!:)

Lol I had some issues with my Dreambox and motor, made me get inventive trying to find the sats.