Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well let me wish you "bon chance" as I'm going to be out of commission until Friday so won't be able to follow your progress reports :)

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Channel Master and polar mount, 1.2 Gibertini, 1m Orbital, SG2100A, tm-5400, tm-600 linux, manhattan xt-cm, v-box III, and lots of other stuff in the attic!
My Location
uk
Not sure about where you are, but no problem with a 1m dish and black line ultra lnb here in S.Wales in just about any weather.
Best to try on a nice clear evening, then tweak the dish to suit. I think Yemen tv 12182H 16200 3/4 is about the strongest transponder on there, but would be happy to be corrected.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Just checked through the transponders and 12015V is strongest for me at 90S/86Q. Among others it carries Saudi 1, Saudi 2 and Saudi Sports. As Sandybob says, try on a clear evening, and bear in mind, you can easily get swamped by 28°E.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 dish and hoping to get a motor installled on it
My Location
Ireland
sonnetpete said:
Just checked through the transponders and 12015V is strongest for me at 90S/86Q. Among others it carries Saudi 1, Saudi 2 and Saudi Sports. As Sandybob says, try on a clear evening, and bear in mind, you can easily get swamped by 28°E.

Hey Pete what does the 90S/86Q mean?

Yap i get totally swamped with 28e but I did try Bobs Yemen tv and can only get 30%, so hopefully once I fix up the dish ill be able to get Dubai tv, great for German football

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
headman said:
Hey Pete what does the 90S/86Q mean?

Sorry, it refers to the readings from my receiver, 90 strength and 86 quality. (my Vantage doesn't normally lock a signal below 70Q, it varys with each receiver)

Lots of German football on Badr. Well, football in general. Not sure if you have an HD set up, but Al Kass show Bundesliga matches in SD and HD.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
sonnetpete said:
Sorry, it refers to the readings from my receiver, 90 strength and 86 quality. (my Vantage doesn't normally lock a signal below 70Q, it varys with each receiver)

Lots of German football on Badr. Well, football in general. Not sure if you have an HD set up, but Al Kass show Bundesliga matches in SD and HD.
didnt know about AL kass, thanks

my plan is the setup up the dish at 26e, to see can I actually get it and then go back to the motoriesed setup

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Channel Master and polar mount, 1.2 Gibertini, 1m Orbital, SG2100A, tm-5400, tm-600 linux, manhattan xt-cm, v-box III, and lots of other stuff in the attic!
My Location
uk
I tried for ages to find this satellite when I started, then on a clear evening I found a signal and was then able to tweak the dish. Go to a near satellite 28E or 23.5E tune to a frequency off 26E then move the dish maually with your remote until you get a signal. When you think your getting close give your reciever 10-15 seconds (or longer) after each move to see if it gets a lock, then you can start tweaking the declination by hand up and down to see if the signal improves. I dont know what Lnb you have but an Inverto black line ultra is a very good Lnb and has made a big difference in pulling in the weaker signals for me, they are about £15 for a single output version. This satellite is worth the effort!

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Definitely worth trying an Inverto Black Ultra. I couldn't get the fringe reception I do without it!!

Think I may have mislead you about Al Kass. It is Dubai Sports HD that show Bundesliga, as you already said. There is a lot of football on Al Kass but it tends to be Arab league/international based.

The biggest drawback to locating Badr is the fact that many of the transponder frequencies are duplicated on 28°E. I've searched quickly but can't find one that isn't used by both sats. Perhaps someone else knows of a good TP on Badr for alignment purposes??

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
I would try Yemen tv 12182H 16200 3/4, the nearest one on 28E is 12188H 27500 2/3 although I can't remeber which one I found first, Dubai one or Mbc they are all worth a try. Many of the other frequency's are a lot closer as Sonnetpete has said. Also found reception reports on king of sats _http://en.kingofsat.net/beams.php?s=95&b=132
Try on a clear evening first.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
headman said:
ill do my best to install it myself, im going to do some homework on it all

oh btw Tivu I found the satellite dish manual and came across where the dish part is suppose to go

iv been inserting the missing component in to the dish today

Im not sure is right, as you can see by the pics iv uploaded, the brackets that warp around the motor, 1 is outside and the other is inside, could that be right ?

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 32

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
lads this is what the car gps system told me about my area ,latitude 52° 30.069 , longitude 007°59.419 and elev is 77.889m

that elev couldnt be right

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Won't your GPS show the last figure as your height above sea level? Don't confuse it with dish and/or motor elevation. (Unless you have a new generation GPS that calculates dish elevation of course!!)

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Not sure what you mean soonetpete

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Ok, I think your GPS will give you three figures; latitude, longtitude and height above sea level. Perhaps it unfortunately shows this last one as elevation, which is causing you to confuse the GPS and dish/motor settings. For setting up purposes only take note of your latitude and longtitude from your GPS.

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
lads thoughts on this satellite meter
-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200524757483&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

[warning]Please abide by the forum rules and do not post live links[/warning]

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Dont think that would help much to be honest, better off using reciever and portable tv

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Sandybob said:
Dont think that would help much to be honest, better off using reciever and portable tv

thanks bob, ill go down the route then

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
lads Should I reset the motor before I put it up ?

Im think it needs a reset because it was originally setup on Thor but now its going to be on set on the right satellite 5w

headman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
well i started my dish today and iv hit a wall already, to tell ya the truth if I could turn back time I wouldnt have gone near this dish stuff from cowboys to dreamboxs

Now my latest problem is the motor just wont turn on and move, Its receiving no power according to the LED in the motor but iv it hooked up to the receiver and activated in tuner config but nothing

Sandybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
What have you done exactly? removed dish and motor or just try to adjust motor
Have you made off the F-connectors correctly, and are they plugged in to the correct motor terminals? its easily done!