mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Just flashed it. Going downstairs now to plug it all together again.....!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Still coming up with the message "Please wait while the motor is turning to 19.2E"
It ain't moving and there is no light on the motor. Whichever guide I use it does the same....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Another unplug the mains lead later and we have some movement :)

OK, clicking on "automatic transponder" for 34.5W it has moved and is scanning.

Now as my original zero degrees was prob off, do I add the Sat Finder inline and adjust it until it gets a signal (getting nothing at the moment)?

Or should I start again? DOes 1W give a good signal?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Using the manual buttons on the motor, see if you can drive it to the zero position, then press the reset on the motor, if you haven't got the manual, I have downloaded a copy into the Utilities section.

PS. You have got the motor connected the right way I presume. ;)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
:)

Yes, it moved earlier trying to get to 34.5W. It is now stuck there and haven't got it to move again..

Just FTPd satellites.xml and services to the DB and going to reboot.

Losing the will to live and hear the call of a bottle of red wine ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I know how you feel, hopefully it will get sorted though. :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Oh, it has a sense of humour!

Reboot and hit menu.

"Please wait while turning 1.0E"

Look outside and it is pointing VERY West!

??? WTF???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It sounds like it is lost, you need to change the DiseqC settings to none, then move it back to zero manually and press the reset button, you should be able to send it to zero in the motor setup panel, press the blue button and in the options at the top, set to zero.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I had a go before reading your post. I went to satellite config, unticked "gotoXX" and on the next page set it to "goto zero degrees". It has done this (or close to zero). It is showing an AGC of about 85%.

What are the basic steps that I need to do now? I have a sat finder but not put inline?

I assume I need to "tune in" a satellite? How and which one? 1W?

Thanks for your help! One on me:
drink.gif

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
For Worcester 1W will do, just bring up a good valid transponder and fine tune it so that you get locked and the best signal to noise ratio. Once this is loocked as satellite 1, you can then move on to locating the others.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Thanks :) I'll do that tomorrow, or maybe Saturday morning. Is this the right way to go:

1. Plug in the sat meter.
2. Move the dish to 1W (from DB sat menu)
3. Adjust the dish (losen bolts) until get a strong signal on the meter and retighten.
4. Tune in/ scan 1W on the DB.

(can I do it all via the DB and tell it "this is 1W" when I get a strong signal or do I have to adjust it manually ie with a spanner? :))

And , will I need to play with the elevation of the dish/ motor? I set it all up as per the Motek and the dish instructions for my latitude and longitude.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You may need to offset the motor a little to make 1W your due South, say by 1 degree, then go looking for it with your meter, do not touch the receiver at this stage, the motor should be inactive.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
mhku said:
It is on the "official" image. I haven't changed anything really. I have tried rebooting, gets there eventually. I'll try to find the reset.

Why a green light on the motor once and now nothing?

And why no "motor voltage" setting option as shown in the manual?!!!

Take the motor down to near the DB. Connect up (without the dish or the lnb of course !) and see if you can move the motor with the DB goto instructions. If that works, while you are there, goto 13e. Now fix the motor to the pole, attach the dish and connect up the lnb. Try to get hotbird signal by moving the motor (horizontally) and the dish (vertically). If you see any transpoder ok, you are almost there !

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Thanks for the reply. It is now loaded with the Gemini 1.04 image and I can move the dish, although it seems to have a mind of it's on. I tried to point it to 1W- looked at the dish this morning and it looks more like 45W....

Will start again tonight or tomorrow. Getting there ;)

Now I just need to find the sat finder....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Pics of setup are attached. Can anyone see anything wrong? I've tried to set up the dish to point the same as the neighbours dish.

Beginning to think my zero degrees is not south...
sat.aut_0325.jpg

IjonT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel 3500 FL, LNB 0.6 dB, 60 cm Fe
mhku said:
Can anyone see anything wrong?

Are you sure, that your mast is perfectly vertical?

Your dish elevation should be set to about 22.5° (I can not see it clearly on your picture). (But you have to adjust it to get the maximum signal quality anyway, so if you receive Thor, it is probably set up right.)

Have you turned the motor tube to about 1.5° east (for Thor 1°W) before adjusting the motor azimuth?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think that you are fully understanding the instructions mhku, you set the motor body to your lattitude (the picture looks fine), then you move the motor moving the buttons on the motor body to 1E, then (and this is important), manually swing the motor on the mast and the dish elevation to find 1W, at this stage you should not be touching the goto functions or any of the receiver motor driving functions.

There is no short cut, you must find your due South satellite first.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Gotcha. Elevation is 22.5° (on the dish) and the motor is set (using the latitude side) to 52.19.

Why set to 1E and then move 1W?

I borrowed a compass tonight and my house is facing 160°, so I am 20° off- I will adjust and try again.

As to motor config & scanning, I had to "set up" Astra 19.2 in the satellite config part and then try motor config- otherwise the dish doesn't move..??

Thanks again for all your help & suggestions- I'll percevere and get it right soon! :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Did you do what I suggested in post 32? I still get the impression that you haven't found 1W.

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
Hello.
I've had this problem also: tried to move the dish towards zero but it pointed al the way west. Discovered that I forgot to put in my Longitude/latitude into the USALS-menu. Dit that and problem was solved.

Jakenl