Motor Geo-Track H120 - Any Good

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, your 0 position on the motor will be 1W satellite. :)

PS. regarding the Thor 1W settings, they should be in the receiver database, hope someone will be able to tell you how to add the satellite.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
No, your 0 position on the motor will be 1W satellite. :)

PS. regarding the Thor 1W settings, they should be in the receiver database, hope someone will be able to tell you how to add the satellite.

Thank You

That Thor1W is my Due South then. And all other satallites east and west are adjusted by 1 degree accordingly?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, if you can get the motor to work with USALS or GoTox function, all you need to do is enter your coordinates in the receiver and they should be found automatically. The receiver and motor should know where they are. :)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
No, if you can get the motor to work with USALS or GoTox function, all you need to do is enter your coordinates in the receiver and they should be found automatically. The receiver and motor should know where they are. :)

I dont think this motor has USALS!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't matter then, as you will use the East West button to find satellites. Still needs to be set up as described above though.

gilleroo

Reaction score
My Location
Co Fermanagh N Ireland the most western part of the uk
Mick2me you may have to adjust your motor by several degrees from true south so that it can track the arc. The setting is from your site may be avalable on the makers website.Having set up a manhatten mount I found the geosat site very helpfull for elevation and other details and get a basic sat meter as it saves a lot of time in finding the signal from your reference sat. Good luck gilleroo

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
?!?!?!?!?

RolfW is the sat-dish-setup-god. Don't mess wiv da man!

If Rolf says stick your head in the gas oven, ask him 'at what temperature?' O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, wish that was the case STICK, but in the case of DiseqC motors, it really is straightforward, the big advantage I have is the use of a professional meter to find the due South satellite, but the basic setup is something anyone can do. :)

Going to make a picture presentation of a typical T&K mounted DiseqC motor setup to show how easy it is. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rolfw said:
Going to make a picture presentation of a typical T&K mounted DiseqC motor setup to show how easy it is. :)

:-lmao You've been saying that ever since I've been here :D

One day, we'll hold you to it ;) :p

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
BGonaSTICK said:
If Rolf says stick your head in the gas oven, ask him 'at what temperature?'

For any children reading - that was a joke and should never be tried at home (or anywhere else).

:-peepee )(-red

Good job this site isn't American - think of the litigation... :-doh!

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
Well We got ready to put a hammer through the whole contraption!

Theres no station listed for 1W in my receiver.
Getting exact due south with the digital compass proved impossible.

I note that approx due south there is a tree in the garden of the house behind me? Not sure if the 1W satallite is above that or not?

So with no signal at 1W, I swung the whole assembly east till I got a strong signal(with the motor still set at 0 degrees). I guess its Astra 28E. Hey we got all the english channels at last!

(BTW does the signal meter a'La Lidl'£3.99, only register the satallite that is chosen on the receiver box?)

Now not being able to lock on to a 1W signal, can I not set the dish motor to 28.2 then realign the dish horizontally and vertically for best signal from Astra28E. And Wallah! The dish motor should then be pointing due south YES-NO?

Then all the other satallites will be picked up on the Arc? YES/NO?

"Put the hammer down Mother!"

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can do it that way, but it isn't very precise. If there is no 1W satellite listed, then add one and add the BBC world transponder, then try again. If you swung the dish to 28.2 East and got a good signal, then the dish elevation was too low to receive 1W anyway. :)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
You can do it that way, but it isn't very precise. If there is no 1W satellite listed, then add one and add the BBC world transponder, then try again. If you swung the dish to 28.2 East and got a good signal, then the dish elevation was too low to receive 1W anyway. :)

I will try a 1W satellite as soon as I find the satellite Settings?

I did have to adjust the dish ellevation as well, (on the dish not the motor)

Strange I am picking up good signal on Sirious 5e as well? (and loads more English channels) without moving the dish 28e and 5e as well?
What gives?

J

Jeff_19341

Different satellites have some transponders, symbol rates and FEC's that are identical.

If you are on ie 28*east and then select another satellite without moveing the dish and scan that satellite it will pick up the transmissions from 28*east that have those identical transponder & symbol rates & FEC's.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
JuMbuCk said:
Different satellites have some transponders, symbol rates and FEC's that are identical.

If you are on ie 28*east and then select another satellite without moveing the dish and scan that satellite it will pick up the transmissions from 28*east that have those identical transponder & symbol rates & FEC's.

So If I change the transponder on Astra28e on the receiver I will receive different stations?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
mick2me said:
So If I change the transponder on Astra28e on the receiver I will receive different stations?

No, what JuMbuCk is saying is that the receiver will apparently find Sirius East channels, even if you are pointing at Astra 28.2, but all they will be are Astra 28.2 East channels which happen to have similar frequencies to some on Sirius.

PS. You will need to clear out all of these scanned channels from other satellites, as when you get it working properly, they will cause confusion.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
No, what JuMbuCk is saying is that the receiver will apparently find Sirius East channels, even if you are pointing at Astra 28.2, but all they will be are Astra 28.2 East channels which happen to have similar frequencies to some on Sirius.

PS. You will need to clear out all of these scanned channels from other satellites, as when you get it working properly, they will cause confusion.

Thanks I will set Factory default before final scan
Now if it stops raining I will get the ladder out

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
All I can get is astr* 1 and 2 onmy sl65 no hotb*rd or H*spasat on the standard 57 cm dish it came with.
Did you get any joy with it?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
mrminibus said:
All I can get is astr* 1 and 2 onmy sl65 no hotb*rd or H*spasat on the standard 57 cm dish it came with.
Did you get any joy with it?

As we speak the hammer is poised.

I spent a week up this ladder, with not much joy on tracking the arc.
Dont think I got Hotbird yet, Astra 19/28 yes.

seeing some of the cr4p on some of the satellites I have picked up manually
I wonder if there is actually a need for such a thing as a 'Dish Motor'

Moore later perhaps, Now I need a kip!)(-red