Motor Geo-Track H120 - Any Good

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Is this any good?. The guys local to me.

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5808768605&fromMakeTrack=true

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks OK, probably a Moteck clone, price isn't bad. :)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Any comments on this motor would be appreciated. Any good?

I have a 59cm dish but may upgrade it...

Motor Geo-Track H120
FEATURE LIST Protocol: DiSEqC 1.2

Compatible Receiver: Receiver with DiSEqC 1.2 or Interface Box

Antenna Size: 120cm max.

Speed: 1,9° / sec (at 13V); 2,5° / sec (at 18V)

Azimuth Angle: 80° East ~ 80° West (160°)

Elevation Angle: 25~75°

Input Voltage: 13/18Vdc

Output Voltage: 13/18Vdc

Power Consumption: 50mA (Standby), 200mA (Normal), 350mA (Max.)

Satellite Positions: 60

Calibration Function: Yes (Go to 0°)

Manual East/West Buttons: Yes (build-in on the bottom of the mount)

Limit Protection:

1. Fixed type with micro switches

2.Programmable Software Limit

3. Current Limit

Positioning Sensor: High Resolution Hall Effect Sensor

Connector: F-type

Weight: 3,1Kg / 3,5Kg (Gross)

Dimension (Mount): 345 x 168 x 110mm³ (Gross)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
Oh yes...

It's about Forty quid

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
I got a reply from this seller who is local to me. This can be picked up to avoid £12.95 postage charges. Very unusual for Ebay Sellers.

Now let me get this right.

This motor just bolts between the mast and the dish and power is fed by the satalite cable.

Once fitted does it allow the receiver to control the dish, hunting for satalites?

Mine is the Silvercrest (Comag) SL65

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it does, but you must make sure that the mast is perfectly vertical, there are many threads and a sticky explaining about motor installation.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
Well I got this motor today, but the Dish bracket will not fit on the Motor Arm.

Also this motor does not have 'USALS'

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well not having USALS is not the end of the world, have you got a picture of the motor and mount?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
Well not having USALS is not the end of the world, have you got a picture of the motor and mount?

The U Bolt is just a tad too small.

I have no way of reducing the image size for upload here, any suggestions as to software to do this, preferably free...:rolleyes:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
www.gifworks.com should do it. How big is the image?

Thanks for that Rolf, 6mp images. useful site.

I will get some images when light, but tomorrow I need to find 1 slightly bigger U Bolt setup?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
Well I got the motor fixed between the dish and the mount.

The manual buttons dont work only by pushing them over and over again does the thing move very very slowly.
They did work when I first got it fitted?

Still only picking up Astra 19e?
Once I got a good signal on that should the motor take it to the next satalites in the arc without me getting up the ladder again and fiddling with the dish?

The 90 mounting pole/bracke is 100 upright in all directions?

I am a little concerned that I got a motor without USALS?
Well thats Ebay I suppose?

F

FoneFreak

its a shame you bought that, you could of got an original Motech sg2100a for similar money from the same site.

Also you need to read the stickies etc on setting up motor, you should find your true south, then focus on closest sat (proberbly 1w) and then get best signal on that, turn whole dish/motor etc back to 0 and then try to scan the arc. Usal would of proberbly been easier but maybe the guys on here might know of some other tips!

J

Jeff_19341

I understand, that unless licenced by Stab, the word USALS cannot be used on motors or receivers. Has the motor a "go to x" function, if so you can use USALS.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
You mean Ebay of course, I assumed that it would have usals, My mistake, I should know better and ask.

The Go to X on my receiver gives an error but then again perhaps I have not set it up right.

I am trying to add THOR 1w to the SL65 receiver as its not in the pre programmed Sats. There is no information in the instructions for settings for the new Sat addition?

Ive got it locked on to Astra28e now (I think) but the motor dial says 25.

Setting the height on both the Dish and motor seems a bit of a mystery to me, but I am a novice.

What should both settings be for (N52:5 W1:16:58) ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You need to forget what you have done and start from scratch.

You must set your motor so that it reads "0" on the body.

You must then set the bracket on the motor to your lattitude or elevation setting.

You must then, by swinging the whole assembly on the mast and by moving the dish elevation adjustment, find your due South satellite (in your case 1 West).

There are no real shortcuts and failure to do it this way, will result in some very long and frustrating threads. :-doh!

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I have a SG-2100 and USALS works perfectly ,You MUST tell it where YOU are for USALS to work, it has nothing with entering a satellite position,it only needs your position.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
You need to forget what you have done and start from scratch.

You must set your motor so that it reads "0" on the body.

You must then set the bracket on the motor to your lattitude or elevation setting.

You must then, by swinging the whole assembly on the mast and by moving the dish elevation adjustment, find your due South satellite (in your case 1 West).

There are no real shortcuts and failure to do it this way, will result in some very long and frustrating threads. :-doh!

Well its down of the pole now. The rain and wind is beating against my window as I type!

Let me get this right

The pole is 100% vertical

The motor must be set to 0 degrees
The dish mount needs fixing to the motor stem exactly central?
Once fitted the whole assembly must point exactly due south.

But before fitting the motor elevation angle and the dish declination angle must be set up.

Now with my location as N52:5 W1:16, acording to the book (RTFM)
Motor Elevation should be set at 38 degrees
Dish Declination is (40 degrees - 7.47)= 32.5 degrees.

Then because I am 1 degree west I should be cock on Thor1W?
and all outher satellites will be picked up by the dish/motor?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Pretty much that way Mick,as long as the settings are right and the pole is vertical you should be able to find 1W by slowly moving the whole assembly on the pole. You may need to adjust the dish angle a tad to peak !w, but once you have, the arc should be correct.

Was working on a Moteck and 1.1m dish this morning with a fellow member, we took great care with the settings and once we had found 1W, we were able to get reception right round to 58W on one side and 36E on the other, limited only by a brick wall. It wasn't rocket science, purely procedure. :)

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
rolfw said:
Pretty much that way Mick,as long as the settings are right and the pole is vertical you should be able to find 1W by slowly moving the whole assembly on the pole. You may need to adjust the dish angle a tad to peak !w, but once you have, the arc should be correct.

Was working on a Moteck and 1.1m dish this morning with a fellow member, we took great care with the settings and once we had found 1W, we were able to get reception right round to 58W on one side and 36E on the other, limited only by a brick wall. It wasn't rocket science, purely procedure. :)

Thanks Rolf

If I am located 1.1 west, do I not need to set my motor to 1degreeW instead of 0 degrees, before I move the whole assembly on the pole to Thor1w?

Also Thor1W is not programmed into the SL65. I have found out how to do this but where can I find all the input properties for Thor1W?

Mick T