Motor Not Moving Dish

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
I have a satellite dish which is driven by a motor.
Up till yesterday, whenever I said the dish to switch satellites, e.g. to go from Hotbird to Astra to eurobird bla bla, the motor would move the dish.
When I tried this morning the Dish just remained pointing at Astra (the last satellite, I left it on yesterday). When i went to examine the motor, the green bulb which usually lights up only when the motor is moving the dish, is lit (and remains lit, does not go off), If I press the reset button (the one on the motor),do you think, the dish will start again obeying the signals to point at different satellites?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could try disconnecting the receiver from the motor, then unplugging the receiver and rebooting. Reconnect and send the motor to zero.

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
rolfw said:
You could try disconnecting the receiver from the motor, then unplugging the receiver and rebooting. Reconnect and send the motor to zero.

My reciever is a skystar 1 card.
I uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but to no avail. :(
The problem is funny because the motor is less than a week old, and up till yesterday it was working withouth problems, and I did not do anything to the motor.
What does that green light staying on mean? because usually when the motor finds the satellite that I want him to point at light goes off. Does it mean that their could be something wrong with the motor, a shortcircuit or something like that?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
d_lamer2003 said:
What does that green light staying on mean? because usually when the motor finds the satellite that I want him to point at light goes off.

The Green light shows that power is getting to the motor.

It will go off when the motor is moving but should come back on, and stay on, when it has found the position and stopped.

It will then stay on.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Is this a Moteck? Doesn't it also flash orange when it's actually receiving DiSEqC commands?

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
BGonaSTICK said:
Is this a Moteck? Doesn't it also flash orange when it's actually receiving DiSEqC commands?

To tell u the truth I do not know the model name of the motor, because I did not install it, but bought it from a shop, and the shop owner installed it for me.
Though only a green bulb is present, and near it is a reset hole (those are on the right), on the left there is a button, then when pressed it makes the dish (motor) move eithier left or right.

The reset button what it is used for?

After I posted my second post, I succeded (don`t know how), to get the dish to point to Hotbird, but now, anything I do I am not succeding in making the dish move by 1mm! :(. I uninstalled the skystar 1 drivers, I remove the wire from the card, I rebooted the pc, I switched off the pc, etc.(In one simple sentence I did everything possible!). And still no success.

I have another problem is that the program which came with the skystar "SkyStar 1 CI TV" I use it only to move the dish, because when i try to view a channel, even though when I scan for the channels he actually finds channels, when I go to view a particular channel I recieve the error "Settings Error!Fail to play the program!", but then when I use myTheatre, I can watch channels but not move the dish, this combination did not bother me, but now, I am bothered, because I cannot move the dish in any way :(.

Is there a way, (withouth using an oscilloscope), that I can check that the pc sat card, is really sending a signal to the motor. I repeat up till yesterday at night, it all worked correctly, when this morning I went to view some tv, I could only watch TV channels from 1 sat :(.

(P.S. Sorry for the long post)