Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Only me...

I still have a problem with my motor.

Description:

I have Gemini 2.4 setup. When I try to move the dish (motor setup > drive to zero) the light green light goes out (it might move 1 time in 12). If I disconnect the coax cable (it is satellite not tv coax) and reconnect the light on the motor comes back on. "drive to zero" or selecting any other sat = light goes out.

The problem appeared about 2 weeks ago, when I was running Gemini 1.08. Nothing else I know of has changed (it's the unknown factor that I need to establish ;) ).

I have checked the voltage coming out of the dreambox and is it >15v.

Is this a motor problem or a DisEq problem? I tried a factory reset (wiped out my stored sats) and the problem remained. I even tried to follow the Klona guide to "Tuning" in transponders but found that a bit light on detail. How does the receiver tell the motor to move? Does it modulate the voltage in some way?

I read this post today:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=35413&highlight=moteck+light

- is it related?

Any enlightened ideas or suggestions from the Dreambox flock?

and no, I don't have a spare motor to try ;)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Did you keep a back up copy of your working image & settings ????? If so when you reflash them back in, have you still got the same problem. Still think though you got a bogey motor.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I flased the new image because of problems with the old one (I do have a backup).

I'm 90% sure it's the motor but I thought that 6 months ago when I set it all up- it worked in the end but whether I worked out how to do it properly or was lucky- I can't remember).

I'm going to try a 1500ma power supply to see if that helps. I also plan to check all the cables on the motor again at the weekend (rain allowing).

Are my stored satellite positions (i.e. motor positions for each sat) stored in my settings somewhere or does the motor work it out from the fixed zero position? How can I tell it to use stored positions rather than positions?

:(

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
I flased the new image because of problems with the old one (I do have a backup).

I'm 90% sure it's the motor but I thought that 6 months ago when I set it all up- it worked in the end but whether I worked out how to do it properly or was lucky- I can't remember).

I'm going to try a 1500ma power supply to see if that helps. I also plan to check all the cables on the motor again at the weekend (rain allowing).

Are my stored satellite positions (i.e. motor positions for each sat) stored in my settings somewhere or does the motor work it out from the fixed zero position? How can I tell it to use stored positions rather than positions?

:(

I found after loading new images on the 5620 and put back in the saved settings that you still have to enter the Motor settings again. On my own box (7000) because of the multiboot images installed it copys the settings of the active image.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
:)

That's exactly what I did last night (have just read your post this morning).

I flashed again. Did a "drive to zero". used the arrows to move the dish and scanned in 5W and 30W. I could then move the dish between 5W and 30W OK. I'll start on a few others tonight.

Doesn't explain why it went wrong in the first place?

I did read some posts on another forum about conflicting settings for satellite positions (in the dreambox) would stop the motor turning.

I also couldn't remember how to find/ scan sats and found the guides mentioned in the IG a bit vague so I'll start another thread outlining what I did in case any other new dreamboxers get stuck.

Cheers again John :)