Motor problems, perhaps

kacetwo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
My Location
Southern UK
Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have a 500 and it has been driving a dish with a Diseq motor. However it stopped driving the dish a short while ago.

I assumed the motor had packed in but I got the chance to use another STB and it moved the dish without any problems. However whenever I use the DB it ends up moving the dish to a random point and leaving it there.

I am now leaving it on Astra 19e and so it is not a complete waste but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Just to confirm, I have flashed the box and scanned all the channels in from scratch but still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
hmmm wel ive just set mine up and i had a problem with hispasat, when the motor turned it wouldnt go pasy 5west and i now know that an auto limit had been put on to stop it turning any further west, i took this limit off and it worked fine.

My dreambox seems to like moving it to astra 1 when i turn it off at the plug and sometimes when i select a channel the motor does not move but if i go into the motor set up i just move to satellite/position and do it that way.

hope that helped abit

gtg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi
My Location
wassup
hi dear, i have same probelm aswell.. but with astra 2a.. i have tried all, i stored in astra 2a where it got good signal but when i change channel in astra 2a motor just moves to 5w it doesnt store pls help