Motor question (for RolfW?) cx5000

EDW

Reaction score
Dear RolfW

Do you have any experience of a 36v motor called a CX5000?
I think it is from Taiwan and imported by Technisat to a UK company
called Orbitron which I can't trace on Google.

I have been asked by a relative to put up a motorised system and this motor
looks chunky enuff but my mate, the clueless dealer, can't say what size dish it can drive. I am also concerned that a replacement reed switch would be impossible to find. Dealer wants £100 including a simple E-W positioner so I am quite tempted. Oh yeah, it's black and well painted with English manual.

Also, do you think those Diseqc to 36v Vbox boxes are worth £60? Plenty of old style positioners on ebay 4 less including the ALBA sa 25 which looks good.

Cheers.

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
EDW said:
do you think those Diseqc to 36v Vbox boxes are worth £60?
I got a brand new Edon EZ 2150 (http://www.edon.com.tw/) for 39.95 GBP. It does not have a remote control but I couldn't see the point of one when I have a satellite button on the remote of my receiver anyway (Echostar 808). From the outside, it seems well built and so far is moving my SuperJack 12 inch actuator happily. Am I right in saying that the Alba is not diseqc compatible? So it may not be a fair comparison on price, just depends on whether someone is happy to move the dish independently of changing channel.

EDW

Reaction score
I don't think DiseqC was invented when the Alba was designed.
In fact, during the last war, it was used to activate air raid warning sirens.
If you carefully at the back, there is a round hole for a crank to be inserted.

wane

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar ad3600ip,technomate 6800hd 1.2 gibertini dish technisat cx5000 hh mount diablo2.3,dragon and xcam cerebro,opus,k3 and gamma cards
My Location
ireland
hi i have a technisat CX5000 HH motor it can move up to a 1.2 mtr dish what im wondering does anyone have a manual for this beast as i have tried everywhere but no luck,even from technisat.de themselves.i contacted the dealer i got it off but told cant help either...Thanks in advance:)