www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I have an Aston TracSat Motor (don't buy one, they are rubbish)
Anywho it does not support usals or goto x so setting this bugger up with a Dreambox is a nightmare.

The installer used his expensive meter to find the satellites but the tuner is a real bunch of arse as it refuses to show any signal strength above 46% even when it's aimed spot on.

I need help because I haven't got a better / more sensitive receiver that I can use to lock onto any satellites.

I know my dish setup is spot on.

Is there a way I can just copy some files over to the DB and end up with a full working list of satellites ?

If so can someone pm me.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Mine also show no more than 50%. I've read that this is not a true reading and the DB doesn't show it very well. I don't know how true this is as I've misplaced my meter and my dish refuses to turn when told to by the Motor COnfig page!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
longstockings said:
I have an Aston TracSat Motor (don't buy one, they are rubbish)
Anywho it does not support usals or goto x so setting this bugger up with a Dreambox is a nightmare.

The installer used his expensive meter to find the satellites but the tuner is a real bunch of arse as it refuses to show any signal strength above 46% even when it's aimed spot on.

I need help because I haven't got a better / more sensitive receiver that I can use to lock onto any satellites.

I know my dish setup is spot on.

Is there a way I can just copy some files over to the DB and end up with a full working list of satellites ?

If so can someone pm me.

You can with dreambox edit.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
longstockings said:

If so can someone pm me.

Hi LS

There are a few sites which allow you to download the settings for whatever sats you need, there is something about this in the idiot guide.
You can also try out http://www.satellitesettings.net/

Use dreamboxedit to pump the settings onto your dreambox.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
tried satellitesettings but was no good.

Found a few sast but having problems with DB locking up quite frequently
I'll plod on

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
longstockings said:

I'll plod on

What do you mean by "was no good" - the settings or the results with your box?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
longstockings said:

I'll plod on

What image have you on your box at the moment, Thought that the locking was a thing of the past. Try the latest Gemeni Image. My image hasn`t locked up now for months.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
I've got DM 109 Stable in Flash and Gemini 106 and Hydra Phoenix in multiboot.

Having the latest data from satellitesettings.net is fine but does not help me to find the satellites.

I need to know what the strongest transponder is for all the satellites and see how it goes.
I think this may be a long process as I have no idea where the satellite is pointing to.

I am tempted to buy a Technomate 1500 ci+ and use this as the main receiver and have the Deambox feed off of it as this will help me to lock the satellites in and am also tempted to swap out my tracsat motor for something a bit better quality.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

fat-tony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S
90cm dish + SG2100 motor
john_graydon said:
What image have you on your box at the moment, Thought that the locking was a thing of the past. Try the latest Gemeni Image. My image hasn`t locked up now for months.

Just new into the hobby myself. I have a 7020 and an SG2100 motorised setup with a 90cm dish. I had huge problems controlling the motor with the software that came with the box. I loaded the Hydra Image (1.09) and problems resolved. I now have coverage from 45E to 58W so I'd recommend to anyone having problems with motorised setups to see if a newer image would sort things. I'd love to hear from John Graydon regarding softcam setup on the box as I'm struggling to understand how it's done (or even if it's going to work at all!). I have no problem FTP'ing files to/from the 7020, or flashing images with the browser interface. I have installed a hard drive and pulled the *.ts files from the box and made excellent DVD copies without problems. It's just the softcam setup that's causing grief.