motor, signal and image ?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
[font=&quot]I tried flashing my DB7000 for the first time with hydra7000_zeus_108_2.img using FLASHWIZARD_PRO_4.5a. Now I think because I didn't flash erase after uploading the patch it’s messed my motor settings up i.e. the above won't move the dish very well or pickup a signal. Or perhaps hydra is buggy? I backed up the original 1.05 image and settings before hand and tried putting it back on but the box but it just crashes every time I go into the motor settings. So I’m not sure what to do now. I put enigma 1.08 on but it still won’t pick up a signal, or move the motor properly. Tried checking motor input power and changing to 80.mA. I’ve tried 5 different images now all duffers, do I keep trying images until one works?[/font]

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It seems that many 1.08 images don't drive the motor well, although some users report success.

The 1.07 images seem to have better results.

Why not try Black Tiger 3 V1.07. My favourite, although I don't drive a motor with it.

Also, the SF images (1.08) have driven diseqc motors.

Remember to do a flash erase where indicated by the image-writers.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
BGonaSTICK said:
It seems that many 1.08 images don't drive the motor well, although some users report success.

The 1.07 images seem to have better results.

Why not try Black Tiger 3 V1.07. My favourite, although I don't drive a motor with it.

Also, the SF images (1.08) have driven diseqc motors.

Remember to do a flash erase where indicated by the image-writers.
Thanks fella,

I'll try the 1.07's. I did download sf_img_v108_2_0812.img. But the box booted in cz language so I gave up. I'm looping through the dreambox from my samsung 9500 viaci so Im not sure If there maybe any compatibilty issues with the motor. The motor is cock on though as the samsung scans like a dream. Aah I just love messing with new toys :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think the SF images default to cz lang, but can be changed during setup (assuming that you can navigate that far!). T_G uses one AFAIK.

Think there is a general motor problem with 1.08, and don't forget that 1.08.2 is a beta. 1.08 is the last 'official' release.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Pullet_Surprise said:
Thanks fella,

I'll try the 1.07's. I did download sf_img_v108_2_0812.img. But the box booted in cz language so I gave up. I'm looping through the dreambox from my samsung 9500 viaci so Im not sure If there maybe any compatibilty issues with the motor. The motor is cock on though as the samsung scans like a dream. Aah I just love messing with new toys :D

Dont really know if it work loopthrough. Try using the dreambox with no loopthrough.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
john_graydon said:
Dont really know if it work loopthrough. Try using the dreambox with no loopthrough.
It was working through the loopthrough with the original 1.05 image?

awai

Reaction score
Hi,
I"m having similar problem with my dreambox not able to drive the motor..
Everything was OK so far (last 7 months) and today, the db 7000s cannot drive the motor

any help will be usefulk

Hydra Zeus, motoer technomate, Dreambox 700s 120GB

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
awai said:
Hydra Zeus, motoer technomate, Dreambox 700s 120GB

Had a problem with this image today - ended up reverting back and lucky for me the var folder was on the HDD so everything reverted OK.

Think this is a problem with Zeus image.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Pullet_Surprise said:
It was working through the loopthrough with the original 1.05 image?
My thoughts are that if using loopthrough worked on 1.05, it should work on 1.08?

awai

Reaction score
Hi Gameboy,

Thanks, how can you revert the Var dir (if a cpy is located on the hd)

Cheers