Motorised Dish Install in Northern Ireland

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo2 with static dish for now.
My Location
Belfast
So I'm trying to piece together all the bits I need for an install. So far I have a TM-2600 motor and Inverto Black Ultra LNB. I'm going to get T+K brackets and a pole for mounting it and raw plugs, screws, coax, connectors etc. Are there any other parts I will need? Also I'm not sure which dish to go for. Is there anyone in NI that would recommend going for 1.2m over 1m? I'm mainly after premiership games.

Thanks in advance
tooner

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Stop at a 1.1m Triax TD110, anything larger will be just too big for a diseqc motor. If your wall is concrete block go for "thunderbolts" they don't use plugs and cut there own way into the drilled hole, very strong.
Cyfrowy / nc+ (Poland Hotbird 13e), have just announced they will be screening all 380 Premiership games for the next three years, so even a 80cm dish will be plenty in Belfast if you can source a sub for that.
If you need a Belfast installer, try to contact Chris76 from this forum, he's the best in NI for satellite installs.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
excollier said:
Stop at a 1.1m Triax TD110, anything larger will be just too big for a diseqc motor. If your wall is concrete block go for "thunderbolts" they don't use plugs and cut there own way into the drilled hole, very strong.
Cyfrowy / nc+ (Poland Hotbird 13e), have just announced they will be screening all 380 Premiership games for the next three years, so even a 80cm dish will be plenty in Belfast if you can source a sub for that.
If you need a Belfast installer, try to contact Chris76 from this forum, he's the best in NI for satellite installs.
You could try here.....

http://www.satsklep.pl/en_US/c/nC-Canal-/70

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Could that card be used with a cam in a TM5402?

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Excellent! Thanks for the great info. It's a brick wall but apparently it's a timberframe house so I'm not sure if it's concrete behind that. I'm not really clued in on that kind of thing. Is the Triax TD110 the dish to go for then? It looks like I have to mount on a north facing wall but I'm hoping it's going to be able to peak over the roof without being higher than the roof. I'm hoping no neighbours complain but I don't think they will. I might say it's 97cm if they ask ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Are you sure you have a 1m policy in that part of the country ?

Like your thinking though

Ply them with some alcohol and opera glasses beforehand though (the ones that reduce)

tooner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Just checked and it looks like I can have 1m and 60cm. 1.1m close enough. Not like they're going to measure it. Top of it can't be above chimney so big pole on north wall it seems is my only option.