My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD
1 Metre Motorised Televés dish
DISEqC TM-2300 Super H-H
Inverto 0.2 Lnb
Satellites 45°E - 45°W
My Location
Bungay
Hi, have just discovered that all the wiring for the motor on my dish has come out of the back of the receiver, must have been when i pulled the tv out a few days ago.:-doh2 Anyway, problem is i can't for the life of me recall how the wiring goes back in?

My receiver is Manhattan starlight 6900, and the rear panel has M1, M2, sensor, ground, pulse and +5v terminals.

I have 4 wires, red, green, white and black
The red and green are the thicker of the two wires and i am assuming these are for the motor connection in M1 and M2?

But what about the white and black thinner wires?
Any help greatly appreciated:confused

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Opps you didn't want to do that :-doh!

If possible you might need to get to the motor and see which colour wire goes where. You can't reply on the installer using a correct way of wrirng (if any) It's possible that a wrong connection could damage the sensor in the motor. If you can get to the motor write down which wire
goes where and keep it safe.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
As digiguy says check your connections on the motor first, as they well may be different to what they should be.
You are really connecting two sets of leads, first the motor with M1 & M2 and as you say these SHOULD be the two thicker wires, but check first.
If motor goes the wrong way just change the two leads over on your receiver.

The two thinner wires SHOULD be for the sensor and ground pulse.
Don't know about the 5 volt connection as mine is not connected, if anyone knows about this connection please yet us know.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Some motors have an optical or hall effect sensor, with a bit of ciruitry that require the 5v. Fibo's for instance have an optical sensor and need the 5v. Can be ignored for any motors with a reed switch. :)

gaz999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD
1 Metre Motorised Televés dish
DISEqC TM-2300 Super H-H
Inverto 0.2 Lnb
Satellites 45°E - 45°W
My Location
Bungay
Thanks for the help guys, have had the ladders out this morning and can confirm that I have now been able to sort the wiring out.

The green and red wires were for the motor as i suspected, the white wire was for the sensor and the black went to ground!

All the sat positions seem to have been buggered up somehow so am now in the process of starting again from scratch after doing a master reset (oh joy oh bliss)!:-doh!

Just playing the "hunt" the satellites game now. Could have really done with getting a new download for all the transponders etc as the ones stored on this box are mostly out of date, but been getting a lot of up to date info from kingofsat website which has helped in the search!

Well, it's a nice day here anyway so getting nice, clear strong signals which makes things a lot easier! Still as you all know it's gonna take a few hours to finish setting up, so i'd best get on with it just in case the weather changes:)

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Always good fun (to a point) to redo the sat positions after a reset lol

I have battled with my echostar 3600 (echonaff software) One day I will replace it with a DreamBox so I can D/L channel parameters from the net etc.

If I was you, I would back up your settings into your pc, I'm sure there must be a programme that works with the manhattan. That way you can edit the channels and D/L after a reboot (just need to d/l new channels etc)

Hope you keep a note of where the wires went.

Glad you sorted it out!

We need a list of location of memebers, so if people are willing they could help members out personally--over a few beers of course!