My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi everyone
I need a couple of questions answering regarding installing a 'cryptik' mount.I have a fairly good idea how to do it but i just want to make sure.

My setup is Force D-Master 1122S, 88cm triax dish, cryptik mount.

I have managed to install the motor onto the wall bracket and also attatched the dish to it.I have the 'zero point' on the motor pointing at 12 oclock along with the dish.

I understand then from looking at the manual that i need to select a channel from 1deg west and then add 2.5 degrees for my location (Manchester).Once the motor is on 3.5 degrees i then turn the dish and motor by loosening the 'U' bolts on the mount where it is fixed to the wall bracket until the dish is pointing at 1deg west.At the moment it is pointing in the direction of Astra1.Once i have located thor i then align by moving the dish up/down and by moving the dish/mount left to right.Once i have a good signal i then tighten all the nuts so it is all fixed in position.

Does this all sound right ? I just wanna make sure before i attempt it.

Thx for any help guys

Lee

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Lee

Yes that's more or less it.

When you have got the signal maximised by eleveation on 1W - try the BBC World Transmission - then you will need to check the strength and quality at either side of South - suggest you go to 30W and 28.2/5E and check those.

If one is significantly stronger/weaker than the other, then you will need to loosen the bolts again, and get a new central point for W1

In other words, move the dish left/right- it might only need a very small adjustment either way- and then using the motor find W1 again, set this on your actuator, and then check W30 and E28.2/5.

Hope this makes sense, if not, or if you have any problems, do come back and let us know.

Regards

W.H.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Thx for the reply.I had a go earlier on and after much fiddling i managed to get a good signal from Hotbird and also Astra 19deg.I cant get anything else at the moment so i will need to have another go tommorrow.I initially tried to get 1deg west using an analogue receiver but i drew a blank.
Im getting 85-90% quality from Astra1 and about 75-80% from Hotbird.

Lee