Motorised installation

Yogi_sco

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem with a motorised installation.
I live in Largs (55.795N 4.864W)
I have my dish on the magnetic south but I don't find any satellites. The closest to me is Telecom 2C at 5W. Am I correct that I should aline for that one?
Or should I align my dish due south (I think the difference between north and magnetic north is 7W for my location, but I need to check a chart for that)

Who can give me some advice. Thx in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be fine lining up on 5W, you can do it easily if you have an old analogue receiver and use one of the FTA French channels.

Yogi_sco

Reaction score
I'm not as lucky to have an analogue reciever. but I'll try a bit more, left right up down and who knows maybe I'll find something.
Why wasn't I happy enough with 1 satellite O-Ha I hope I'll get it working soon and have some satellite fun again.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi yogi,
to start with you need to line up on true south, about 186deg on the compass, and as you say 5W is the one to line up on, though there is not a wonderful amount on that channel, but i always advocate the purchase of a sat finder kit about 35£ it makes the job so much easier
i did post a tutorial in this section for setting up motors a few days ago.
regards
phil