Motorised receivers

jswarb001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 1122s motorised linked to Pace 508i positioner and loopthrough for Sky box
My Location
Southport
Hi I am currently looking to replace my existing Force1122s receiver which has died a death after many years service. My current set up is with a motorised dish (36v) linked to a PACE 508i acting as the positioner with 80cm dish with loopthrough to a sky box. I want to keep a motorised set up but I undertsand there are only certain receivers which would be compatable with my particular setup. Eg I am told the Technomate5500 and Manhatten plaza could just "plug in" to my existing set up.

I have looked at Techomates, in particular the latest 1500 model but it would appear I would have to change my motorised set up to handle it for Diseqc purposes. First of all can anyone tell me if the advice I have been given so far is correct, and if it is do you think it is worth changing my set up to accomodate any other models?

If possible I would just like to have one receiver with its own built in positioner which would allow me to get rid of the Pace box so that it is linked to a "true" motorised receiver.

thanks for any help you can give

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You could get a V Box (about 50 to 60 pounds) which will convert DiSEqC commands from ANY DiSEqC reciever and give a 36V output for your motor. This would give you a much greater choice of reciever

L. :)

jswarb001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 1122s motorised linked to Pace 508i positioner and loopthrough for Sky box
My Location
Southport
Thankyou. Is the VBOX easy to fit or would it better done by a proper fitter? Also can anyone recommend a good installer in the North West area? (I need to know this anyway as I may be moving house in a few months time)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
No - they are very easy to fit. Just google for it and have a look.

As for installers, wrong end of the country for me I'm afraid.
Why not have a go yourself ? Plenty of assistance available from here. :)

L.