motorised system not working

A

Ajay

I have a silent gold H to H, have just purchased an echostar 2150ipv when trying to set east & west limits the echostar menu comes up with "Motor Error". I have also purchased the correct insulated cable, wired up at both ends correctly but get motor error when trying to set limits. The dish will move only a few inches then stop and "Motor Error" then appears on the menu screen. I know the reciever works as I have tried it on another motorised system. My H to H also works as it was fine with my old pace 508ip, Could it be shorting somewhere, if so what could be the cause???
Hope that someone can help with this one.

Regards Ajay

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Poor connection of wires at the receiver can cause this.
Double-check. The clamps are notoriously bad and can also cause pulses to be lost even where the motor works ok.

I assume by the way that your east & west limits are set up properly in the receiver.

2old

A

Ajay

After many hours of trying to figure this one out and to my expense of changing the LNB and power cables,I finally worked out that the problem was caused by the reed switch in the H to H motor, It was only when I borrowed a mates positioner and finding the motor working correctly that the penny dropped.
many thanks to you 2 old 4 this.
regards
Ajay

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Good to see it is solved... but I can't understand how it worked ok with your old Pace then.

By the way, I have also had the identical problem with a reed in a Jaeger Silentgold 107. I suspect my problems started when water got into the motor (the casing is not watertight).

2old