Motorised system setup help required

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
rolfw said:
Using USALS, send your dish to 5 West and fine tune on that satellite, providing your mast is plumb and your motor elevation is set correctly, you will be pretty much spot on for the rest of the arc.

Yep. As rolfw says here :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
sajbyjaan said:
Hi,
OK looking at the chart provided by STAB website the stored satellite positions indicate the Telecom 2B,2D satellites located at 5W. So I should head toward these as my starting point. Please correct me if this is not so before I start messing about on the roof again. The weather isn't too kind right now so I want to be sure before I embark on another excercise.
Thanks all.

Flysat and lyngsat both list Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W.
11591V loooks strong with FTA channels on it too.

sajbyjaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish, STAB90HH motor, Echolink Receiver, Motorised system
My Location
Scotland
Hi,

Of the 28 satellite positions pre-programmed into the HH90, Atlantic Bird at 5W is not one of them. However if I go to the one listed at 5w I should hopefully be able to get a signal from one of them and make the necessary adjustments to get the max signal.

Since the weather is abysmal I dare not go up onto the roof so this excercise will have to wait for another day.

Thanks all.

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Any Luck? I have just bought myself one and have not even bothered installing it yet ... As I have to psych myself up first!

This seems like mission impossible!

sajbyjaan said:
Hi,

Of the 28 satellite positions pre-programmed into the HH90, Atlantic Bird at 5W is not one of them. However if I go to the one listed at 5w I should hopefully be able to get a signal from one of them and make the necessary adjustments to get the max signal.

Since the weather is abysmal I dare not go up onto the roof so this excercise will have to wait for another day.

Thanks all.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's a doddle if you are patient and methodical :)

Mind you, the Post you are replying to is over two years old - maybe he's still up the ladder!