motorised systems ?

jaladito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Australia
what is the most important part if you istalling a motorised system ?

I want to buy a satellite with a decoder or receiver various satellites, well i know what i need to do that,my problems is some many LNB , receivers i not sure what to buy.

i need a good receiver, one i could use any CAM or emulators in the future.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
First decide look at what satellites are visible from your location and decide which signals you want to receive. Look at the footprint diagrams and select an appropriate size of dish.

Then choose a motor suitable for moving that size of dish.

The motor will be one of two types: DiSEqC or 36V. Select a satellite receiver that can control the type of motor you have chosen.

The LNBs are pretty much all the same. It doesn't really matter which one you choose.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
As strange as it may sound, the pole that you are mounting the motor/dish on. It has to be 100% vertical or your motor will be "off" when tracing the sat's. Also make sure there is enough space between the dish and the wall (if this is the only option you have for installing it) to give you enough movement space. Of course you need a clear sight towards due south.

The Technomate 1500+ is a great receiver. It's very easy to set up, and has multicrypt embedded (will decrypt almost anything as long as you have the correct keys entered). It's also quite compact and very fast on the channel changing. Get a Motec motor and the whole setup will cost you less than £150 (excl. cables etc).