motorised, well i'm not.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
hi guys':-wave
it is with a heavy heart i have given up :( for the time being, you will see from the piccy i've disconected the wires (i've transferred them back to sky dish for the sake of my sanity:-HB:-nuts) hopefully in the future when i've got my enthusiasm back, i may again attempt to venture the dangerous path to the motorised dark side, but until then i shall keep calling in from time to time in the hope that some seeds of wisdom may brush accross me and for the odd joke.
:-cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Can you explain the problems you encountered?

Is your mount completely vertical?

It doesn't look like it has much adjustment from the picture.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Did you manage to get it to move at all?

If not give this one a whirl before you give up :)
(yes there is a readme in there :D)

L.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
okay one last go,

but i've been here before and am not confident with ss2diseqc ( i unzipped ss2diseqc18 earlier today and got nowhere, and when i tried to tranfer to skydish everything went pearshaped and ive had to reinstall progdvb so if this fail's the lots going in the skip and i'll stick with reading the papers and watching repeats of the same old shit they put on terestrial or gaze at the stars and think what might have been.

ps is there an easier way to explain this
"quote
Sending DiSEqC commands programatically:
----------------------------------------
1. You have to get 'NetCfgInstanceId' value for SS2 from registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} and subkey with 'Service'='SKYNET')
2. Open SkyNET device: eg. NetCfgInstanceId ={ACA1F431-5351-4E59-A113-6009A7E26672}
HANDLE ghSKY=CreateFile("<A href="http://\\\\.\\{ACA1F431-5351-4E59-A113-6009A7E26672}",GENERIC_READ,0,0,OPEN_EXISTING,0,0" target=_blank>\\\\.\\{ACA1F431-5351-4E59-A113-6009A7E26672}",GENERIC_READ,0,0,OPEN_EXISTING,0,0);
3. Send DiSEqC command to driver
if(ghSKY != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
{
UCHAR gszCMD[32]="\xE0\x31\x68\xFE" //motor driving 2 steps to East E0 31 68 FE
DeviceIoControl(ghSKY,0x220000,gszCMD,4,NULL,0,NULL,NULL);
CloseHandle(ghSKY);
}
unquote"
or will i understand it when i get there
see you on the other side (i hope)

no smilies because i'm fed up.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish &amp; jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
started going down readme list,
but there seems to be a conflict (i took out skynet.sys in windows drivers dir and put in skynetu.sys) server4pc is now disabled should i put skynet.sys back in

update1: i have put it back in, hopefully this has cured that prob

update2: on alterego's advice have now removed skynetu.sys and replaced with modified skynet.sys, thanx alterego for advice.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish &amp; jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
quote"
Rotate the motor together with antenna toward TRUE SOUTH (you can use time from SS2DiSEqC 'True South' and Sun's shadow for right setting).
"quote

what about when 13mins past 11 at night (compass) i suppose

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you are trying to sort out two problems at the same time and that is one too many.

Why not find 1W with the dish first (without playing with the motor), then when you've done that, sort out the DiseqC control.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
sorry rolfw,
i don't understand how can i find 1w without using the motor, because if i do it without (by turning dish maually) how do i then reset the motor position( if that makes any sense?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you haven't found your due South position, then the motor is not installed, so isn't ready to be moved by the receiver, have a look at This sticky thread

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
rolfw i read it once before,
but it's no good if you dont have a sat meter

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You need to either get a sat meter, or persist with finding 1W manually.

Tune the receiver to BBC world (FTA) on 1W (I assume that this is due south for you), make sure the motor reading says zero on the casting, yes ZERO, then rotate the whole motor on the pole by slackening the clamps and making very small movements and re-locking it up. Alternate between that and making very small movements up and down on the DISH mount. As Rolf says, completely FORGET driving the motor electrically until you have DEF. found 1W.

If your mounting pole is exactly vertical, and you find 1W like this (easier with a meter, but not impossible without) the rest is a walk in the park. Really.

We don't like to let folks give up here :D We will haunt you O-Ha

alterego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky panasonic, Silvercrest SL65, Skystar USB, Sky ZOne 2 dish on a Moteck SG2100A
My Location
North West England
"i took out skynet.sys in windows drivers dir and put in skynetu.sys"
If you have the USB version of the Skystar 2, then you should use skynetu.sys. If you have the Pci version of the Skystar 2 then you should use skynet.sys.
Either way, if you are using the Mibi SS2diseqc, then you must use the modded driver that came with that, and not the one that comes with the Skystar2 software.
You need take no notice whatsoever of all the software interface stuff you have quoted above, since it's all been done for you. That is for people who want to write their own drivers/software. Once you have installed the plugin in the progdvb dir, and the driver in the drivers dir, then when you click on the diseqc item in the progdvb plugins menu, it should produce the window that allows you to play with the motor. But as others have said, get your disk roughly aligned first with BBC World on Thor so you can see a signal from that.
Well....
In all honesty, though it goes against the sensible advice given above, I didn't go to Thor straight away. I wanted to play first to get the hang of things. So I got the dish mounted on the centre line of the motor tube, then, having got the DIseqc plugin working, I drove the dish motor to 28E using it. Then I went back out and swivelled the motor round, and adjusted the dish mount angle, until I had it visually aligned the same way as the sky dish. Then I scanned in progdvb on AStra 2D, and after a few attempts and messing with the dish mount angle, found a signal. Messed around further until I maximised the signal strength: it's all good healthy stuff going up and down the ladder.
Only then having done this rough alignment and got the hang of the diseqc stuff, did I send the motor back to the 1W position and start doing things properly!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
thor 1 has retired,
according to lyngsat at 1w is intelsat 10-02
do i try to pick this up, if so i am using setup4pc, what details (co-ordinates) would i put in to the add satellite facility

or does anyone have the ini file for 1w ?

update: it seems the file i need is 3590.ini (is this correct)
i have this file although it states thor2,3 and intelsat 707,
i'm begining to get confused, so i'm off for a brew

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
It's in your C:\ProgDvb\Transponders folder.
It's called 3590.ini :)

L.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
:-thumb1
hi lancelot,
change skynet.sys :-thumb1
bracket is level :-thumb1
got lat 53.2605 :-thumb1
got long -2.1530 :-thumb1
set elevation on motor :-thumb1
set declinatation angle :rolleyes: thinkso
set motor at 0deg :-thumb1
pointed motor south :rolleyes: hope so
now ignore motor :-thumb1
set diseqc in progdvb to thor2,3 etc :-thumb1

do i ignore the fact that set4pc has not got this in it's satellites list, or do i have to somehow add it to the list,

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I haven't a clue about seup4PC as the SS1 doesn't use it, but let's find out.
What has setup4PC got in it's list then ??

L.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
arabsat2a/3a 26e
astra 19.2e
astra 23.5e
eurobird 28.5e
eutalsat w3 7e
hotbird 13e
nilesat 101/102 7w
and thats it

what do you use?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central

alterego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky panasonic, Silvercrest SL65, Skystar USB, Sky ZOne 2 dish on a Moteck SG2100A
My Location
North West England
Forget setup4PC. It's an application that is autoinstalled with the rest of the technisat stuff and is for the original use of the SS2, ie as a satellite modem, which then appears as another network connection. It's nothing to do with Progdvb and you don't make use of it. Progdvb and the diseqc plugin has all the satellites in its default full installation.
Have you set up the progdvb lnb stuff? This, confusingly, appears under 'settings/diseqc' You should see your card in there. Highlight it. You can leave the settings for diseqc on the left hand side as none, since the mibi diseqc plugin doesn't use them. It's much better, with an Auto max strength finder, usals etc.
When you highlight it, you'll see 'addlnb'. Add one, highlight it and in the property box you'll see the list of satellites. At the botom is thor2/3. Choose it and save, then you will be able to start a scan by going to 'Channel List/Channel search'

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
just to pasify me,
if this dish is point south, does the dish elevation look right