Motorising a 1 M dish

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi could anyone give me some advice i want to motorise my dish 1t's a 1M i currently have it pointing at 28.2 astra 2a 2b and want to put a discq motor on it to point also at hotbird 13.E I am in Rome Italy and want the English channels but the wife been Italian wants the Italian channels,I have a digibox (pace) i know the digiboxes don't support discq but i also have a fta receiver (telesystems) that does support discq. I was thinking of using the fta box to switch through the satellites and somhow splitting the cable to feed into the digibox i haven't exactly figured out how yet (any ideas welcome) what type of motor would i need as there seems to be a lot around and if you know roughly the price of one.

Thanks in advance.

boron

Reaction score
My Location
NE Scotland
dbolton said:
Hi could anyone give me some advice i want to motorise my dish 1t's a 1M i currently have it pointing at 28.2 astra 2a 2b and want to put a discq motor on it to point also at hotbird 13.E I am in Rome Italy and want the English channels but the wife been Italian wants the Italian channels,I have a digibox (pace) i know the digiboxes don't support discq but i also have a fta receiver (telesystems) that does support discq. I was thinking of using the fta box to switch through the satellites and somhow splitting the cable to feed into the digibox i haven't exactly figured out how yet (any ideas welcome) what type of motor would i need as there seems to be a lot around and if you know roughly the price of one.

Thanks in advance.
My pace digibox is awfull for multi sat. Sky only allows me to store 12 extra channels and they are difficult to access also its very common for it to forget the extra channels.

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
boron said:
My pace digibox is awfull for multi sat. Sky only allows me to store 12 extra channels and they are difficult to access also its very common for it to forget the extra channels.

Hi yes i had the same problem with mine but i will be storing the the channels from hotbird 13E and 28.2 Astra 2A 2B on the fta receiver when i want to watch the astra i move the dish and switch to the digibox.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello DB

If you only want to get 28E and 13E then you don't need to motorize.

With that size dish a second LNB should pick up the other bird with no problems.

Regards

W. Hole