Mourinho for England? Could it, Should it, Will it happen?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I think everybody is now just beginning to come to terms with Jose (and this is from a Man U fan!).

I believe that if the FA do not seriously consider Mourinho after Sven, be it following WC2006, or Euro 2008, then they have let another Brian Clough go.

Considering the speculation that he desires to remain at Chelsea for the next ten years, perhaps the FA should even consider allowing him to be manager of England as well as Chelsea. The reason behind this could be that he would then have day to day knowledge of how football is developing etc, and he wouldnt have nothing to do between matches (a la Sven and his many affairs!), and simply because I don't think the FA (or even FIFA!) could ever pay Abramovich off!

Does anybody else agree?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
An interesting point. I'd never even begun to entertain the possibility of Jose for England manager.

To be honest, I don't think that there's any way Chelsea would 'share', and I think he's already implied that he would love to manage Portugal one day.

I think Portugal also see him as the future national coach.

Don't you think Fergie is a more likely successor to Sven?

dmm

Reaction score
remember guys dont get too excited about Jose - his management skills were only a very small factor in the Chelsea success - the rest was pure buying power - any manager could have had a stab at managing that lot if he had been given so much money to buy most of them and foot their wage bill ......

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
dmm said:
... his management skills were only a very small factor in the Chelsea success ...

True, but when you also consider that he's the best manager in the world, nobody else is going to get a look-in next year ;)

raggytash

Reaction score
IMO josse wont take the england job, i think if he gets a bad season he will be off to portugal.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
raggytash said:
IMO josse wont take the england job, i think if he gets a bad season he will be off to portugal.

Its true, he has said that in the past. But i still think the FA should fling themselves at the chance if it comes. We're all saying money talks here - they pay Sven enough don't they? However, managing your own country is definitely more special, but you ask any manager which team they would like to manage after their own country, it will always be either Brazil or England.