mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I have successfully set up my DB to play movies from my PC (thanks PCD for the "How-to"). But now I've tried to use nfs and a link to put my plugins on my HD as well (again using a PCD guide).

But when I try to mount the second folder it says "already mounted". I also seem to have lost the "hdd" folder in FILE MODE when browsing root- it now only shows movie and gemini (I was playing with the var settings in addons and it all gone a bit wrong).

Is it possible to have two mounts, one for F:\dreamboxmovies\movie (shared and mounted as dreamboxmovie) and one for c:\dreambox\plugins (shared as "dreambox" and tried to mount as dreambox)? Both had the dir set to hdd.

Is it a case of "it should work" and I've made a mistake, or is it not possible?

All suggestions and comments much appreciated! :)

DB500s, Gemini 1.04

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
You can have different share folders in the pc for different mounts, but why ? My single share folder 'dreambox' has subfolders 'movie' for cifs recording, 'plugins' for nfs plugins and 'fwpro' for multiboot. All work fine with appropriate mounts. Regards.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I'll try again using a single folder. Somehow a folder called "gemini 1.07 has appeared on my PC in the dreamboxmovies folder (I use Gemini 1.04). very odd!

But if dreamboxmovies is a cifs mount do I need to do anything for nfs? Or will the orginal mount "map" hdd to the same folder (dreamboxmovies) and uisng ln -sf /hdd/plugins will in effect point to dreamboxmovies/plugins without creating another mount?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The DB can "see" the plugins on my hard drive but when I try to add a new plugin it says there isn't enough space (it is still trying to install it onto the D:cool:.

Have I missed something out?

Also, how do I delete a mount, is there a file that can be edited?

Thanks again, almost there! :)

ps should there be an /hdd folder in var/mnt? I don't have one; there is an hdd link file in root.

pps I installed the English language EPG using IHAD Manager OK, to my PC plugins folder... time to test if it works!

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@mhku]

"The DB can "see" the plugins on my hard drive but when I try to add a new plugin it says there isn't enough space (it is still trying to install it onto the D:cool:.

Have I missed something out?"

In the blue button install option uncheck the 'check var space' (or somthing like that, I can't remember the exact options).

"Also, how do I delete a mount, is there a file that can be edited?"

Don't understand. Unmount ?

Regards, pcd.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You posted while I was editing the last post ;)

Yes it works fine when plugins are installed via IHAD Gemini Manager. Using my existing cifs mount for movies I made the link to hdd/ and it all works fine using a modified version of your (pcd) post (transfer plugins to hd).

Unmount works but leaves the details behind. I'll double check the option you mention.

Thanks again for your original posts, I got there in the end. Now I just need to work out how to edit the remote rc.xml to change one of the buttons to act like "record" ;)

:)

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
mhku said:
You posted while I was editing the last post ;)

Thanks again for your original posts, I got there in the end. Now I just need to work out how to edit the remote rc.xml to change one of the buttons to act like "record" ;)

:)

Does this help ?

h**p://www.sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19647&highlight=dm500+record+button

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Cheers pcd, that looks very useful. I'll have a look at the file after lunch :)

Yes that appears to have worked. If anyone else tries it, copy the xml file locally, edit it and save it to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ as the original file is read-only (/share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdm5xxx.xml) and can't be chmod'd with WS_FTP.

Thanks again! :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
aye carumba! now you really are trying to tempt me over to the darkside! ;)