Moving to Cyprus - Freesat or Sky

AliasOmega

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A virgin customer at the minute, soon to be Sky or Freesat in Cyprus.
My Location
Soon to be Cyprus
Hi,

We maybe in the process of moving to Cyprus. We are unsure if we will be able to receive Freesat (uk) or Sky.

We are not currently sky subscribers, so would need to sort something out fast. I was wondering if FreeSat (uk) can be received easily, or is it a sky only deal.

And if we have to get sky, what is the best package to get for us. Does it have to be what the uk packages are or is there anyother way.

I hope the place we move into has sky dish already installed, if not how much will a 3.2mtr or 3.5mtr dish cost to supply & install.

Regards,

Alias

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Parts of Cyprus need a dish over 4m in diameter to get all the channels! One of the lads with more local knowledge will be able to give more info when they spot the thread.

You might want to give a slightly better location - Cyprus is a big place & the reception varies greatly across the island. The nearest town will suffice for now.

itjlbbg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm dish
My Location
Italy
To clarify in case there was any misunderstanding.
British Forces Television is officially available in Cyprus to any family connected with military personnel.
Those who don´t have this connection are not entitled to receive it even if residing in the surrounding area.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I recommend getting sky set up in UK and bringing the box and card over, with your chosen package.The packages available are what is offered in the UK as it is intended only for UK viewing. There are some channels which cannot be received here,like virgin and zone reality.
Dish size depends on where you are located.
Freesat covers the main terrestial channels,bbc itv ch4 and five,3 or 4 movie channels,some music video channels and the main news channels.
You could get a sky digibox with free to view card with the option to subscribe in the future.
Other sky options are the skyplus which has a hard disk inside so you can record, or a HD box if you want some quality as many bring over their HD televisions.