moving to Sweden

doyster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
looking for information , how to receive uk tv in sweden house 2 hrs nw of stocholm
My Location
Kolsva
Hi everyone
New to all this satellite stuff. just come back fro my newly purchased summer house just outside Kolsva, Sweden missed my English TV, the house has a small dish with LNB fitted and two cables into the house, can someone advise me on what to buy to receive uk TV. guess its going to be a much bigger dish. and receiver. Im a satellite virgin so be gentle
Have cable tv (subscription) here in uk and thinking about going for satellite here as well, any tips appreciated
thanks again

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
Hi everyone
New to all this satellite stuff. just come back fro my newly purchased summer house just outside Kolsva, Sweden missed my English TV, the house has a small dish with LNB fitted and two cables into the house, can someone advise me on what to buy to receive uk TV. guess its going to be a much bigger dish. and receiver. Im a satellite virgin so be gentle
Have cable tv (subscription) here in uk and thinking about going for satellite here as well, any tips appreciated
thanks again

I think the dish has to be at least 1.5m in your location https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204957311454637204711.0004d126e21814cdbf26b&msa=0 theres also the options of watching through the bbc/itv/channel4 websites which have live streams using a proxy of course or using iptv

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^ That link is to coverage from 2F.

2E is now operating and that has affected reception of Channels previously on 1N, like most BBC.

ITV is going to move onto 2E this coming Tuesday.

So what might have been applicable previously doesn't necessarily hold any more.

I suggest you keep an eye on the following Topics for a few days in order to get a better idea of what you might be expected to receive and on what size dish

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/astra-2e-scandinavia-baltics-reports.159948/

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/astra-2e-at-28-2e-general-discussion-part-2.160642/

doyster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
looking for information , how to receive uk tv in sweden house 2 hrs nw of stocholm
My Location
Kolsva

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thanks mikeisyou, 1.5m is what i thought, i dont have internet in sweden so cant stream content. any idea which satellite i need to try to pick up? for bbc etc.Thanks again

See Post #3 .........

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
In Sweden You can get Internet very easy, try any supplier for a 4G wifi
I have it and it is working very good, high speed and rather cheap.
Get a toroid 90 and You can have all the sats in the sky(well...)

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
T90 1w 5e 13e , Triax 110 + Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Not BBC ITV from Astra 2E and will also be a problem on 2F

In Sweden You can get Internet very easy, try any supplier for a 4G wifi
I have it and it is working very good, high speed and rather cheap.
Get a toroid 90 and You can have all the sats in the sky(well...)