Mp3 qusetions

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Thank you for the link rolfw

Can MP3 players play realplayer files which are actually mp3 when I downloaded them to my harddrive. Also can a mp3 playee be connected to the hifi which has Left/Pight audio inputs. Does MP3 at 128 kbps sound good when the volume is blasted at 40W per channel. ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 31-08-01 AT 06:17 PM (GMT)]Yes, Yes and not very Shahid.

An MP3 is an MP3, it has only been designated as a Real Player file because you answered yes when on installation the RP program asked you if you wanted it to be the default player for MP3s, I use Music Match Jukebox to play mine, and although i haven't yet tried it, it is supposed to be good for ripping as well from LP to MP3.

Unfortunately because of the methods used to compress the files the MP3, whilst being a perfectly acceptable format for general use, is not what one would call High Fidelity sound.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are also many very poor "rips" out there.
It came as a bit of a surprise to me to realise that many in the Napster and Kazaa communities (to name but two) apparently never actually listen to the stuff they've downloaded and keep on their shared drives - or else they have listened but simply don't mind the fact that half of it is full of hisses, scratches, jumps, and abrupt ends.
I think there are an awful lot of people (especially in the land of free local calls across the pond...) who have permanent internet connections. They kick off a few dozen search&download operations, and then go away for a week leaving the thing to chunter by itself. Probably they gather so much material they never actually listen to it. Result is that the bad rips get copied and copied and copied. I have several tracks where it took until the fifth or sixth download to find one that was of reasonable quality.
My advice: listen start to finish to everything you download. If it's damaged in some way, discard it immediately or move it our of the shared folder so that it doesn't get endlessly propogated to others.

2old

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
MP3 download site- http://www.audiogalaxy.com

Enjoy
chris.