satello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 motorized Triax to a dm600
Visiosat Bisat 13 19 28E to a Vu + Duo
My Location
London
Hi, I just received a MR cam with ucas 3.0
When I insert it in my xtreme it does not get recognized, the menu just reads CI 1 not installed. Is there anything I am missing?

XTREME HORNET
info 03.02.05 CECC
S/W v12.05.04
h/w v12.03.A5
Loader: v. 06.01.06
C.A. - 2.1.9

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you are missing the software on the CAM satello, did the company you bought it from say that it would arrive loaded?

satello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
rolfw said:
Sounds like you are missing the software on the CAM satello, did the company you bought it from say that it would arrive loaded?
It was shipped with ucas 3.0 in it, and not being recognized by the reciever, I cannot upload anything else on it by funcards

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
satello said:
Hi, I just received a MR cam with ucas 3.0
When I insert it in my xtreme it does not get recognized, the menu just reads CI 1 not installed. Is there anything I am missing?

XTREME HORNET
info 03.02.05 CECC
S/W v12.05.04
h/w v12.03.A5
Loader: v. 06.01.06
C.A. - 2.1.9

Thanks

Wotcha Satello, I see at last you have now come onto a decent forum m8!...about time! :-)....it sounds like rolfs advice is the answer as other xtreme owners dont have any of the problems you are getting.

satello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
waverider said:
Wotcha Satello, I see at last you have now come onto a decent forum m8!...about time! :-)....it sounds like rolfs advice is the answer as other xtreme owners dont have any of the problems you are getting.
Well... I tried with a win ME laptop but it does not get read there either. The cam is a matrix reloaded and the company says it comes with the ucas 3.0
I went back to the shop where I bought the xtreme and tried one of theirs MR and that does not work either, I think the problem is on my receiver but could not do anything because the house tech is not in until friday. As far as you know how could that happen? none of the slots work? Firmware problems?
And another question that nobody has been able to answer anywhere else. The receiver has a @sky embedded, which I upgraded to Joker with firmware from la cafettera. Do you guys know if I can upload Joker firmware on it, i.e. 0.70 or similar? I really need to get naaaaaagra to work and that would be a big step forward.

Thanks for your time

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For the laptop to recognise the cam, you need the correct drivers installed, there is a file by Tutut on Toecutter's Den which talks you through the installation, it's in the Matrix reloaded section.

Did they try the MR in one of their other receivers?

satello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I ended up giving it back to the dealer because they could not sort it out. Than I tried a TM 8000 PVR, absolutely ridicolous machine, it just does not work. What Am I going to do next? I thought about a "classical" humax 5400z but the dealer is suggesting a FortecStar FSCI- 5200 PVR What would you guys do? In the end of the day I was quite happy with the xtreme and I found it quite user friendly and apart from the ci slots, everything worked fine. By the way I managed to upgrade my MR to 1055 in the TM 8000 (the only thing it has done right yesterday...)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
satello said:
I ended up giving it back to the dealer because they could not sort it out. Than I tried a TM 8000 PVR, absolutely ridicolous machine, it just does not work. What Am I going to do next? I thought about a "classical" humax 5400z but the dealer is suggesting a FortecStar FSCI- 5200 PVR What would you guys do? In the end of the day I was quite happy with the xtreme and I found it quite user friendly and apart from the ci slots, everything worked fine. By the way I managed to upgrade my MR to 1055 in the TM 8000 (the only thing it has done right yesterday...)

Well Satello what can I say....I have an Xtreme PVR and although I have not really found the need to purchase a MR yet, I do know that these CAM's work well in them.....I can remember a short while ago Rolfw and myself where discussing the difference between the Xtreme onboard CAM and the MR..and really there was not a great deal of difference, and thats probably why I dont have to update my cards every time I use my receiver!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Are we all mad ? to have a hobby like this....We spend loads of cash, turn our hair grey, and spend all our time typing on our PCs, just so we can look at some TV.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Razor said:
Are we all mad ? to have a hobby like this....We spend loads of cash, turn our hair grey, and spend all our time typing on our PCs, just so we can look at some TV.

Wait til the summer razor when the Barbi is lit and your in the garden with a beer in one hand and food in the other!.....I dont think too many of us will be watching TV or surfing then.....:-)

Smartguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here is it possible to view without a smartcard the dutch channels and the nozap channel with the MR cam programmed with 1.055? I have an Xtreme receiver!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No to NoZap, a couple of the Dutch channels may be OK.

satello

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
waverider said:
Wait til the summer razor when the Barbi is lit and your in the garden with a beer in one hand and food in the other!.....I dont think too many of us will be watching TV or surfing then.....:-)
Well...... What about barbi lit, beer in one hand and the remote in the other? Don't forget the EURO cup will be on this summer together with the olympics and a PVR is all you need to fully enjoy every match you like. By the way in the end I went for a HUMAX 8000 PVR 80Gb which works great and make me happy;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
satello said:
Well...... What about barbi lit, beer in one hand and the remote in the other? Don't forget the EURO cup will be on this summer together with the olympics and a PVR is all you need to fully enjoy every match you like. By the way in the end I went for a HUMAX 8000 PVR 80Gb which works great and make me happy;)

I got some bad new's for you Satello!...last weekend I purchased a MR..and guess what it works really well in my Xtreme PVR m8!....But you will find you might still need to use a fun 6 card to receive extra channels that a MR cannot!

Smartguy

Reaction score
He all,

I have as you already know an Xtreme satellite receiver. Why is it that some of the channels you can only get the sound and not the pictutre. I also us MR cam!

Greetings

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Smartguy said:
He all,

I have as you already know an Xtreme satellite receiver. Why is it that some of the channels you can only get the sound and not the pictutre. I also us MR cam!

Greetings

Depends what channels you are trying to watch, as some you would have to subscribe to.....or it maybe that you may not have the correct VPIDS entered for that channel.

mdemet

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I recently bought a hornet sat receiver.

I also bought a MR card and a friend of mine updated it with all latest keys.

After the keys changed I changed them via the remore.

However, the receiver does not accept the new keys and for all free channels it gets me a/v and for encrypted nothing.

Does the MR work with hornet?

What can I do?

Thanks
user_online.gif

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well m8 I have an Xtreme PVR and to be Honest the Fun 6 card with the right file works well!.......The Mr seems to clear a lot slower!

andy forster

Reaction score
Hi m8,

waverider where are you getting the latest firmware for your xtreme as the site is down as usual, any ideas
regards
andy
waverider said:
Well m8 I have an Xtreme PVR and to be Honest the Fun 6 card with the right file works well!.......The Mr seems to clear a lot slower!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
andy forster said:
Hi m8,

waverider where are you getting the latest firmware for your xtreme as the site is down as usual, any ideas
regards
andy

Hiya Andy good to see you on the site .:-righton ...been a while since we last had a chat...hows life treating you m8 and is Dad ok?

As for for the latest firmware.....I have not used any since my last upload and now that the footy season has just started spose I shall start hunting around for files etc for channels my top box can't clear m8.