MR & Technomate 5500ci

tally240153

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Any help please! I am trying to upgrade to 1070 and i can get as far as "performing serial download" then i get the message "cable removed or baudrate too high for this STB, the cable has not been removed but what is the "baudrate" mean? Thanks in advance.

petchletch

Reaction score
tally240153 said:
Any help please! I am trying to upgrade to 1070 and i can get as far as "performing serial download" then i get the message "cable removed or baudrate too high for this STB, the cable has not been removed but what is the "baudrate" mean? Thanks in advance.
Baudrate is the speed of the data transfer beteween your COM port and teh receiver/CAM which can be set in Bits per second by using "device manager" on your PC. Open "device manager" and open the properties of the COM port you are using. Got to "Port Settings" then drop the speed down until you get a successful load. 38600 or 9600 can work but it is usually hit and miss until you match the best configuration for your CAM. Also, doesn't thesoftware you are using to upload your files have a baud rate setting option?

tally240153

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks petchletch for your reply i will work on the speed setting and give that a try (by the time i have managed to upgrade something new will be out)and will post a reply in due course.