mscomctl.ocx problem

B

BazelAd

Hi guys,

I am trying to upgrade my humax 5400 with pcm edit and new pcm table, problem is when I try to run pcm edit I get the following message:

Quote:
Component mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered, a file is missing or invalid.
Unquote:

Now does that make sense to anyone, because I am baffled, I have done a search on activex etc but can not find this file on my computer.:( :(

B

BazelAd

Hi guys,
Just to let you know although I have had no joy with said file, I have found an answer and resolved that particular problem.

I tried the settings file with another up/down loader (humbox 4.1) and it accepted file with no probs.

Strange how the computer accepted the file through one loader and not the other (Hcc).

Possibly not a computer problem at all but strange never the less.

B

BazelAd

:-ohmy :-ohmy :-ohmy

Oooops, hope I am the only one reading this thread, my last reply was to do with another problem I am (was) having updating settings 45e to 45w on my humax5400.

As you can probably gather that is now resolved, hope nobody got to confused with my reply. :-ohmy

I am off down the pub to try and clear my head of bl--dy computers & sat boxes!!

;) ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, sounds like you need a beer Barrie. :) I had a look for the mscomctl.ocx file on my XP system and found it in both C:\Windows\system and C:\Windows\system32, it is an active x component, but not sure what it is installed with, may be virtual machine. I'm sure that by the time you come back from the pub, someone with some more appropriate knowledge will have read the thread.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
That file is a visual basic runtime file. You can get it from here Barrie.

Your head's probably spinning from that result at Pompey last night. :)

B

BazelAd

Jimbo many thanks, superb link, site now in my favourites, file d/ld and working fine.:D :cool:

Rolf, beer went down a treat, and after Pompeys performance the night before it was needed, (really needed it at half time, but second half was a lot better, we were lucky though). :)

Now then what excuse to get down the pub tonight?

Cripes its friday NO excuse needed!!:) :) :D :D )