MSN launches ‘Internet Loo’

N

net1

The Microsoft UK website is creating the world’s first ‘Internet Loo’. The iLoo will be mobile and is part of MSN’s mission to allow instant logging on ‘anytime and any place’.

In time for the summer music festival season, MSN is in the process of converting a portable loo to create a unique experience for surfers looking for an alternative to the bog-standard festival loo experience. Users will be able to sit down, undock a wireless keyboard and conveniently access the first ever ‘WWW.C’.

A plasma screen will be located directly in front of them that can be adjusted to a desired height level. MSN is also in talks with toilet paper manufacturers to produce special web paper for those in need of URL inspiration.

Tracy Blacher, Marketing Manager at MSN said: "The internet’s so much a part of everyday life now that surfing on the loo was the next natural step. People used to reach for a book or mag when they were on the loo but now they’ll be logging on. It’s exciting to think that the smallest room can now be the gateway to the massive virtual world."

The iLoo will be broadband enabled using wi-fi technology. There will also be a six channel surround sound speaker system under the sink unit for use with listening to music from the internet
MSN plan to install an external ‘Hotmail station’ on the outside of the MSN iLoo so people can do something useful while they queue. This will include a waterproof keyboard and plasma screen enabling users to surf the internet while waiting.

The iLoo has passed the planning stages and is in the early phase of construction. Details of its launch have not yet been announced, but the MSN iLoo will be making an appearance at a majority of the summer season festivals. The pilot project follows the success of the world’s first cyber park bench – the MSN Internet Park Bench in Bury St Edmunds.

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
it brings a whole new meaning to the word "convenience", what with the bog, tissue papers and .... mature content sites!:D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I can just imagine it at a rock festival, no queues there at all, people are going to be really happy to wait for the loo while someone looks up their favourite website. ;)

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
Oh great! Were all gonna use Microsoft eToilets in the future.

Imagine if the Pavlovs-dog effect takes hold. You'd get to your desk at work, sit down, look at your screen to check your emails, then promptly shit yourself.