MTI 0.6 vs INVACOM 0.3

barney

Reaction score
Hi all, i have swap, on my 300 cm dish prime focus, the LNB MTI TW8C120 single output, with a INVACOM C120 0.3 dual outputs.
I had some problem to get 24/24 the 2Anorth beam especially with some frequency.
12.226,12.148 and 12168 was ok with MTI but 11778,11856,11934 was ok only in the afternoon.
Now with the INVACOM i get all the channels and loose 11778, 11856,11934 only 1 hour in the morning, and 1 hour in the afternoon.
Now i have a signal quality flat in all the spectrum, while with MTI it was very good for same trasponders.
There is only a problem. the outputs n°1 of Invacom works very fine, but the otputs n°2 is very poor.
Now i now because the four outputs works better the single outputs.
Bye
Barney

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Hi
Could I ask all you good people for a little bit of advice?
I live in Sweden some 200 km WNW of Stockholm. Now after getting a Channel Master 1,2 dish and a MTI 0,6 C120 and my Panasonic TU DSB 30 I'm almost there. Getting the horizontal trsp from 2D 24/7. The vertical trsp I'm getting fine until 7 o'clock in the evening. Travel channel is a bit stronger and that I can get sometimes all evening as well.
I found that the CM matched feedhorn gave some improvement. I have seen repports that Invacom outperfom MTI and also the opposite. Before getting the feedhorn Invacom single gave a poorer performance than MTI.
What is your oppinion: Can Invacom give a better performance than MTI 0,6? If so which Invacom is the best single, twin or quad?

TIA
Puffin

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Att Puffin

Heard through this forum, the MTI AP82-TW (0.6d:cool: CT120 flanged LNB twin output) is probably the best to go for, for we who are located on the 2D fringe Footprint. I and Corrigap in Lund had a discussion on this subject earlier (see page 26 of the main Astra "2D BBC & ITV reception") or link http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=471&page=26&pp=15

/Rabbit

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
puffin said:
What is your oppinion: Can Invacom give a better performance than MTI 0,6? If so which Invacom is the best single, twin or quad?

In my oppinion Invacom outperforms MTI.
I used MTI 0.6's on my installations until invacom came out.
Now i only use invacoms on my 4.2 dish installations.Quad is slightly better than single but you have to be really on the fringe to notice the difference.I only use quads if customer wants to run more than one receiver.

iceman

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
puffin said:
I have seen repports that Invacom outperfom MTI and also the opposite. Before getting the feedhorn Invacom single gave a poorer performance than MTI.

As far as I can see, these reports vary with where people live and their reception conditions. I doubt if the Invacom will be what you're looking for as it is even across both the upper and lower bands, while the MTI is generally accepted to be a good performer in the low band where 2d's signals are. I tried an Invacom myself (single o/p non-C120) and was very disappointed with the results. I think that some people on the fringes (but not in Scandinavia) needing a higher level of signal from 2a/b might benefit from an Invacom, depending on their set-up. There's also been a lot of debate about the veracity of the Invacom noise figure of 0.3.

Do you get anything at all on 10906V (ITV2 etc)?

@ Barney

I have also noticed a difference in output between the two outputs of my MTI AP8TW LNB, one being a good bit better than the other.

Corrigap

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
corrigap said:
Do you get anything at all on 10906V (ITV2 etc)?

@ Barney

I have also noticed a difference in output between the two outputs of my MTI AP8TW LNB, one being a good bit better than the other.

Corrigap
Hi
10906V is weaker than the other vertical trsp. I do though get a picture on ITV2 until 7ish in the evening if the conditions are good - ie no rain or fog. My MTI is a single - do you get a better signal from a twin?
Btw a little gismo that seems to give some help agaist bad signal in rainy conditions is "clear view". This is a so to speak a plastic umbrella you put above your feed to prevent raindrops getting on the cap of the LNB. The only place I have found it was in Norway though.

Cheers
Puffin

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
puffin said:
Hi
My MTI is a single - do you get a better signal from a twin?

Sorry can't answer that as I only have the twin output version - but I've read several times on different newsgroups that the twin o/p gives a better signal (S/N ratio??) than the single. The quad has also been mentioned as being better still.

Perhaps someone would care to add to this?

Corrigap

PS Good tip about the 'clear view' thingy, where's it available from in Norway?

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location