mtv-usa in Europe

igor84

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird!!!!!
My Location
Russia
hi everyone. does ahy1 know if it is possible to watch one of mtv-usa channels in Europe, maybe Vh1-usa. I have heard that it is possible . can anybody help me? maybe some1 of u knows where one can gather further info, frequenses about the question.It'd be very funny to watch the world's biggest music channel straight from the us.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
igor84 said:
hi everyone. does ahy1 know if it is possible to watch one of mtv-usa channels in Europe, maybe Vh1-usa. I have heard that it is possible . can anybody help me? maybe some1 of u knows where one can gather further info, frequenses about the question.It'd be very funny to watch the world's biggest music channel straight from the us.

Its easy to watch American tv - you just have to move to the USA. :D

Seriously though - satellite channels broadcasting direct at the USA are not available in Europe. There are a few channels in assorted pay tv services, and you can do the research at h**p://www.lyngsat.com if you want to know more.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
On your profile it says your in Russia.. if you are, you stand a very very very small chance of picking up anything from USA..

But if you are in Western Europe (ie, the UK) you may be able to pick up a limited amount of USA TV because depending on your location, it may be possible to pick up anything between 65e to 65w if you had a big dish and the correct band capabilities, USA or Latin American tv can often be found after 50e...

Although you probably wont be able to get MTV USA; MTV Germany and Italy are both Free To Air on 19.2e and 16e...

:)