Multi images usb?

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Hi
I'm sure this has been covered before so apologies. I'm playing with multi images on USB for the first time - I've had the DB for about a year - guess I'm a slow learner!!. Flash wizard is great and I can get images onto USB OK. My main problem is that everyone suggests using the 108.2 beta dream images in internal flash which is OK but HOW do I get my motor position etc into this image without having to rebuild from scratch? - I can backup settings from FW but this only gives the channels and not motor positions etc. At the moment I am using Hydra Achilles in internal flash as this is the image that is fully set up to drive positioner, diseqs etc. I also am not sure how to get softcam or keylist files into the images on the USB stick. I hope these questions aren't too dumb.

Cheers from Oz 121fred

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
121fred said:
Hi
I'm sure this has been covered before so apologies. I'm playing with multi images on USB for the first time - I've had the DB for about a year - guess I'm a slow learner!!. Flash wizard is great and I can get images onto USB OK. My main problem is that everyone suggests using the 108.2 beta dream images in internal flash which is OK but HOW do I get my motor position etc into this image without having to rebuild from scratch? - I can backup settings from FW but this only gives the channels and not motor positions etc. At the moment I am using Hydra Achilles in internal flash as this is the image that is fully set up to drive positioner, diseqs etc. I also am not sure how to get softcam or keylist files into the images on the USB stick. I hope these questions aren't too dumb.

Cheers from Oz 121fred

Hi fred are you using the latest fwp. Image and settings can be saved there. Last settings folder in the main folder where they are saved. Check it out.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
I am using the base image on the box and a couple of images on the USB (Zeus and Gemini)

I set up the sat positions on Zeus and when I reboot in Gemini they are all still available.

That's after a flash erase when I changed images.

I think they are stored in a common folder.

121fred

Reaction score
My Location
Tasmania Australia
Thanks for the prompt replies. Yes John I am using the latest fwp and I think I tried that and it only gave me the channel listigs and not sat positoning but I'm about to have another go. Gameboy I've got both Zeus and achilles and they share all info except for a key file but when I install the base image it removes all the previous postioning and sat info, I'll just keep playing.

121fred