Multi LNB Setup

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
I took a plunge and bought one of the £70m Lidl systems, and am pleased with the results, so I am looking at a more permanent multi sat system.

Currently I have Sky+, it takes two feeds, I have another digibox in the kitchen which takes 1 and a SkyStar card in a PC in my loft, which is used mainly for playing with.

I thought about a motorised system but if I want to keep Sky+ it tends to get unhappy if it can't see 28degrees all day long.

Has anyone experience of Gibertini dishes with the multi lnb arm (i saw them on the hisat website).

As for the LNB's I was thinking a quad for 28.2, and doubles for Astra 1, Hotbird and an-other.

I was going to use the Comag for FTA and buy a Technomate 1500CI+

What do the panel think?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I like the Raven Gemini for multi LNB setup, good value also. :)

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
Those Raven dishes look good.

Tell me, as I already have a mini dish bolted to wall already, would it be simply a case of removing the minidish and putting the new dish onto the same pole?

Or would you need to get a pole/mount specifically for the raven dishes?

chody

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky multi roomSky+ and 2 Panasonic tudsb30
raven dishes zone two are of very poor quality they seem two be made of a very soft metal which bends very easily and doesnt bite on to the pole meaning it will move in even quite moderate winds sky buy them because of price stick to triax or el

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
TV_From_The_Sky said:
Tell me, as I already have a mini dish bolted to wall already, would it be simply a case of removing the minidish and putting the new dish onto the same pole?

Or would you need to get a pole/mount specifically for the raven dishes?

If you are putting a larger dish up with multi LNBs on an arm then the weight will be more than the old Sky dish.

My advice would be to put a pole mount up for when you decide to go motorised.

Not that expensive, or difficult to install, and will give you a lot more options.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
the visiosat dish is ideal for what your looking for.3lnbs-astra1,hotbird and astra2,just put a quad lnb on the astra2 holder.

TWAG

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
chody said:
raven dishes zone two are of very poor quality they seem two be made of a very soft metal which bends very easily and doesnt bite on to the pole meaning it will move in even quite moderate winds sky buy them because of price stick to triax or el

Not referring to the zone 2 minidish chody, I use the Gemini 70 and 90cm, well made dishes, with custom made East and West brackets, not shoddy at all. :)

@ TWAG, the Visosat is a lovely dish, but just far too expensive for the average hobbyist. Used to install the odd one here and there, but at more than twice the price of something like a Gemini, in performance terms it is difficult to justify.

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
twag42 said:
the visiosat dish is ideal for what your looking for.3lnbs-astra1,hotbird and astra2,just put a quad lnb on the astra2 holder.

TWAG

That Visiosat is a lovely looking dish, but by the time you have added the extra arm, you are close to the price for a Force Toroidal (which is a dish I seriously considered then ruled out to try to keep some back for a better receiver).

What I may do is make the system up over time. Start with a bigger dish and a couple of LNB's then go for a new receiver with a cam later.

Chris

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
yes,i guess the visiosat is a bit expensive for the beginner,but they are good though

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
a monoblock lnb,or a triax 6 degree holder and a couple of lnbs would be a cheaper option.or just add a motor.theres some reasonably priced motors that are roughly around the same price as the above options

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
twag42 said:
a monoblock lnb,or a triax 6 degree holder and a couple of lnbs would be a cheaper option.or just add a motor.theres some reasonably priced motors that are roughly around the same price as the above options

True, but I still want to subscribe to Sky and have Sky+, and don't want the earache from the wife when her "24" fails to record because the dish is pointing at Hotbird! and I don't really want to have two dishes.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris