My Satellite Setup
AB IPBOX9000HD
1m dish
3 lnb's
My Location
SW France
Hi

Can anyone recommend a switch?

I have 3 lnb's, one of which is Atsra 28. I need the astra 28 to go to a Sky box and the others to go to a proper receiver. To save running a second cable for the skybox, is there a switch that will switch between the 2 receivers so I can join the 3 LNB cables together (through a Disecq switch)?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

herisson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IPBOX9000HD
1m dish
3 lnb's
My Location
SW France
Thanks Rolf. The cable runs underground so there's no easy way of adding another cable. I just wondered if anyone knew of a single cable solution.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking to use the Sky box regularly and want it to receive all of the overnight updates, then the separate cable solution is really the only one. If you are only using it for occasional use, then a DiseqC switch and cable to manhattan and then loop out to the digibox may do it, but the digibox always sends power to the LNB (even in standby) and may cause problems.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Hi Rolf, Your above suggestion is very useful. Thanks.

How many LNBs can be connected through a DisEqC switch? I could not see any thing other than 2 or 4 in my receiver (but I have seen images of switches connecting 8 LNBs). Any possibilities of getting more than 4 in the normal receivers? If yes, how? Please suggest.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you have to use the DiseqC motorised command for the eight way switch and save each satellite as a number from 1 to 8. :)

Some receivers will also handle DiseqC stacking commands, so you could have a four way switch, leading to four more four way switches, the command would be something like A+A, A+B, A+C, A+D, B+A, etc, etc.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Brilliant Rolf, Thank you.