Multi LNBs vs Motorised dish

alacatar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5400-CI pointing at Hotbird 13E
My Location
West Berkshire
I am relatively new to the satellite scene and after a few months of enjoying HotBird @13E on my fixed mini-dish, I would now like to get freesat as well @28E. I just wondered if someone could advise me as to whether go for a bigger fixed dish (80 cm?) with a multi LNB bracket pointing at 13E and 28E or instead go for a motorised dish. What are the pros and cons of each option? If you do know a good installer in West Berkshire, please give me a shout! Many Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Multi-LNB system is a good option (13e, 19e & 28e) but for not much more money you could do well in a budget motorised system :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
For just 13E and 28E, you are better off with a fixed dish, but most of use would never be satisfied with just those two.
With the average 80 to 90cm ish dish you can normally have up to 20 degrees and up to 4 satellites with a standard DiSEqC 1.0 switch. The advantage is fast zapping, i.e no waiting for the motor to work its way round.

The advantage of a motor is obvious- more choice, at the expense of time when it moves.

The best option is to have a fixed and a motorised dish, but that is being greedy.:D

Robbo:)