racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
Previously had Gemini 103 on flash & multiboot images on USB.

Put 109 Beta on flash - DB would not boot with USB stick inserted. Had this problem before with original 108 in flash as well.

Tried Gemini 106 on flash - DB boots OK with multiboot again - although Phoenix would not boot fully (would hang after loading screen).

Using Sony 128mb MicroVault stick.

Anyone else experienced the same?

bob49

Reaction score
racingclubuk said:
Previously had Gemini 103 on flash & multiboot images on USB.

Put 109 Beta on flash - DB would not boot with USB stick inserted. Had this problem before with original 108 in flash as well.

Tried Gemini 106 on flash - DB boots OK with multiboot again - although Phoenix would not boot fully (would hang after loading screen).

Using Sony 128mb MicroVault stick.

Anyone else experienced the same?

Hi,

Same here. but with the 5620 versions of Gemini and using NFS. It all worked fine until the latest Gemini was installed as the flash image. I can see the menu and it mounts NFS OK but the NFS images will not boot.

Bob

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Both,

Is this related to the problem I have mentioned in another thread.

For multiboot with 1.09 images it is necessary to have;
1.09 beta CVS
in Dreambox flash
And not;
1.09 beta.

The active image is not correctly registered if the original 1.09 image (including modified images based on it) is in DB flash.

It's all OK with 1.09 beta CVS though.

With images that installed Ok with FW5.0 but would hang on boot, I used FW5.0 to remove them and re-install them and they worked OK!

Hope this helps?

73 & good luck.

bob49

Reaction score
td03-5 said:
Hi Both,

Is this related to the problem I have mentioned in another thread.

For multiboot with 1.09 images it is necessary to have;
1.09 beta CVS
in Dreambox flash
And not;
1.09 beta.

The active image is not correctly registered if the original 1.09 image (including modified images based on it) is in DB flash.

It's all OK with 1.09 beta CVS though.

With images that installed Ok with FW5.0 but would hang on boot, I used FW5.0 to remove them and re-install them and they worked OK!

Hope this helps?

73 & good luck.

Hi,

Looks like you are right - tried multiboot this morning with 1.08 beta for 5620 in flash, which was OK but NFS images wouldn't boot. Just have to wait for final version for 5620 to come out. I'm sticking with Gemini 1.03 DM56xx for the moment - lots of /var room for plugins and cams and the Shoutcast plugin works a treat.

Bob