Multidec v8.0 softCAM - no CI needed!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at this link Scottie, there are some fairly detailed instructions there http://members.home.nl/happysat/MD/DVB_Hacking_Using_Multidec_80.html

Rolf

J

jochan

Hi, I've just installed a Hauppage card and is using MD. However it can't seem to get signals from my 2nd LNB. I have one of those switch attached to the LNBs. Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A little more information would be helpful Jochan, What are your DiseqC settings, which two satellites are you pointing at, which satellite are you receiving and from which LNB. Have you managed to get a signal from both LNBs individually by connecting direct.

Rolf

J

jochan

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not too sure about the Disecq settings. I have this box with which you can connect 4 lnb. I have 2 lnb connected. I have Hotbird (13) as LNB 1 and Astra (19) as LNB 2. I used them with a satellite receiver, it works fine, switching between the LNBs with no problem. When I use it with my Hauppauge card, LNB2 is now recognised, I think no signal is received. I have checked the box for LNB2 and done a scan for both LNB.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Go to section 3 on this page http://members.home.nl/happysat/MD/DVB_Hacking_Using_Multidec_80.html

It shows the LNB setup, have you got the correct settings in both LNB boxes?

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
So what settings have you got for the second LNB, the page on the tutorial doesn't show any settings, but you obviously need to put some in.

Rolf

J

jochan

When I check the box to use the second LNB, the same settings as the first LNB appears on the second one.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Try also putting a test transponder in for LNB 2, and see if it comes up with a reading. So to sum up, you know that the present setup works with both LNBs from using your old receiver, it must therefor be be the diseqC setting. If you connnect up direct to the seconf LNB do you get all of the astra transponders?

Rolf

J

jochan

What do you mean by a test transponder. To connect the second LNB direct, I need to go on the roof to change it. Thanks for helping anyway.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
In the multidec software on the same page as the LNB settings, there is a section underneath where you can enter a transponder for the particular satelluite you are looking at. Make sure that for LNB 2 you enter a transponder that can be found on 19.2.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Worth finding out exactly what switch is up on the roof. There are full diSEqC switches available and those that are simply two way or mini tone devices that use slightly different protocol

Rather then change things downstairs and get frustrated, it would cost only a tenner or so (UK money) to get a newer fully functional DiSEqC switch and put it in.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I can see C H, the Multidec covers the earlier DiseqC and also tone burst switching, so one of the settings should work. Of course if it doesn't then a trip up the ladder may be inevitable. :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Justa wild outside chance

Has anyone tried this with the card that worked with the EOL service. Its doing nothing in my PC at the moment and I have a spare couple of evenings coming up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Apr-02 AT 06:15 PM (GMT)]Is it a Skystar 1, or Skystar 2, if it's a skystar 1 it should work.

Rolf

S

scottie

jochan.
i had the same problem with my hauppauge card in that it did not appear to be recognising my second LNB. The settings were the same for each LNB. I think both my LNB's are now working but can't be totally sure. Try this and see what happens.
From the "channels" tab, choose channelist then scroll down to channels (programmes) which you think are on the second LNB.Double click the channel name and see what LNB is highlighted, and what colour the four lights are. If they are green you are on the correct LNB ( i think!), if they are red then highlight the other LNB and close the channel edit box. Double click the channel again to reveal the channel edit box again and see if the lights are now green. if they are i think that means you are receiving through the second LNB.
This is very time consuming as i have done it for lots of channels but it seems to work.

Scottie.

p.s. I am a beginner so if this turns out to be nonsense - my apologies.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
This was a charity donation

How does onecheck 1 or 2 compatibility ?

No real markings on the PCB I can see

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Apr-02 AT 08:10 AM (GMT)]I believe that they are different in appearance, if you go to the link I posted in one of the threads in the last couple of pages there is a picture of one. http://members.home.nl/happysat/MD/DVB_Hacking_Using_Multidec_80.html

rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear Rolf

I fear its none of the ones shown in the other thread

Tuner is different - single input no loopthrough

Board states SKY2PC
p/n 92100-200010
rev 2.3

supplied by B2C2 about a year ago, unfortunately they no longer reply to e-mails from me (could be my breath)

Any more ideas - our IT man has suddenly become interested in satellite since seeing this article.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like it's the Skystar2 then, not compatable I'm afraid. He may try PC world, apparently they had the Hauppauge DVBS reduced to clear at £130, a good deal if you're looking for cheap decryption of European channels.

Rolf

PS. No good trying to find the deal on the PC World web site, this is an instore offer.