Multidec v8.0 softCAM - no CI needed!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that there's a fundamental difference between the tuner on the Pentavision card and the other supported cards, so it would probably require a totally rewritten program. :(

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Link to home page.
http://members.home.nl/happysat/PCTV.HTM

Link to Program
http://www.happysat.eonlinks.co.uk/MD/MD80_English.rar

Link to readme
http://www.happysat.eonlinks.co.uk/MD/DVB_Hacking_Using_Multidec_80.html

Rolf

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
Yes, Via**ess is now out, but it is in the test stages.

I have tried it and it works although you cannot also run the previous soft-ci.dll at the same time.

You cxan get it from the HappySat site. Cool.

C

charlie46

Hello
Does anyone know if this works with a Skystar2 card wich doesent have an add a cam option
Cheers
Charlie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think so Charlie, only Hauppauge or similarly based cards.

Rolf

C

charlie46

Thanks Rolf
I beleive it does work with the Skystar1 card wich with an adapter a cam can be fitted, (the Skystar2 is a hell of a lot cheaper).
Cheers
Charlie

verywiseguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
Malaysia
What I saw in some upload centres, there is now a softcam module for Viacces* so at this stage MD8 whould be able to handle Irdet*, Sec* and Viacces* without CAM. Keys are still needed...

Rgds
VWG

C

charlie46

Hello
Iv got myself a Hauppauge.
When I scan for channels I dont seem to get many and Im not getting many of the popular ones.
Iv imported the astra\hotbird list but Im getting no signal message on then all.
Could someone surgest LMB settings or other settings I could try.
Cheers
Charlie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Charlie,

I don't have a Hauppauge so I'm not sure what the setup page looks like, but these are the settings you should have.

LNB: Universal, LO 9,750 Mhz Lowband 10,600 Mhz Highband.

22Khz tone switch: AUTO, it may have a switch frequency, ie, 11,700 Mhz

If you have more than one LNB, you will need to have the diseqC settings set correctly.

Rolf

C

charlie46

Hello again Rolf
Happysats readme page surgests min of 11600 my seca receiver is set at 10600.When I altered this in Multidec they all popped up.
Do you know how to get the T*quilla channels decoded Im getting a "Bisher keine passende signatur zum key" message.
Cheers
Charlie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the confusion is that one of the notes is relating to Local Oscillator, whilst the other is relating to switching frequency. So the 11.6Ghz is the frequency at which your sofware tells the LNB to switch to the 10.6Ghz higher band of the LNB.

Don't know about the error message as my online translator is down at the moment.

Rolf

W

wardivich

i'd like to thank all of you for bringing the multidec to my attention (espesaly 2old4this) , it's fantastic.

i've no idear where my dish is pointing, but with the prog that you get with hauppauge's winTV DVB-s i can only get 6 chanels (and 3 of them are checznich ones).
with the multidec i'm geting 999 chanels (although most of them are bsb ones, so no decoding key is working at the moment) i can watch many more chanels than i could prevusly.

although my knolage of things like "keys" are verry small, i'm shure i'll get the hang of it.

thanks again

chris :?)

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
All I can say is, I'm glad I didnt go for those cheaper models, cos I actually did buy the cheaper model Pinnacle Sat, but had a problem with it and exchanged it for the Hauppauge DVB-s. Only £ 60 difference but well worth it.

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
All I can say is, I'm glad I didnt go for those cheaper models, cos I actually did buy the cheaper model Pinnacle Sat, but had a problem with it and exchanged it for the Hauppauge DVB-s. Only £ 60 difference but well worth it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
We heard you the first time Genie. :) :)

Rolf

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Sorry m8. Got carried away there, must of clicked submit twice :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
New version and new keys available http://members.home.nl/happysat/DVB-SAT-Software.htm

Rolf

B

badtom

I can only say THANX.

I tryed the new MD 8.1 and it works great on Haupauge DVB-S.
Almost all programs dec*ded in first try.

Just thanx to everyone who did make it work.

S

scottie

I have tried both MD8 and MD8.1 on my Hauppaugge DVB-s card and can get neither to work. I am obviously doing something wrong as i am receiving both Astra and Hotbird FTA perfectly. Can anyone advise how to get this up and running.
I get a screen, a blue channel bar along the bottom telling me what channel i'm on ( i have already done a channel search and found 1000 or so)and then a picture of a satellite dish appears with a cross on it. Should i have downloaded anything else along with the programme? Do i need to insert keys or something?

Thanx in advance

Scottie