Multifeed Astra 1 Astra 2 Hotbird

mitchie1976

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently Sky Minidish, wanting to upgrade to Multifeed Astra 1 Astra 2 Hotbird
My Location
Derby, UK
I know this has been discussed in various other threads but i can't seem to find a good guide :

I have a 90cm Gibertini Dish with a 3x multifeed holder. Generally people seem to have aligned the dish pointing at 19E for Astra 1 with Astra 2 and Hotbird to the right and left of the LNB.

In my view the order (looking at the dish) should be:

Astra2 Astra1 Hotbird.

Can anyone confirm/elaborate?

The Astra 2 LNB should be slightly elevated, the Hotbird one slightly lower than Astra1.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

PS: Any guidance on distance of LNB's from each other would be appreciated. My coordinates are Derby

England

52.92°N

1.50°W

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
mitchie1976 said:
In my view the order (looking at the dish) should be:

Astra2 Astra1 Hotbird.

Can anyone confirm
[/font]

correct. the height differences will probably be minimal. you could align using hotbird and have astra1 and astra2 to the left (astra2 "lefter" most), since its the weakest bird in your line up, but with your dish size it probably won't matter too much, ultimately it will depend on whether you think you might need more lnbs eastly or westerly... hope that makes sense. cts

mitchie1976

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently Sky Minidish, wanting to upgrade to Multifeed Astra 1 Astra 2 Hotbird
My Location
Derby, UK
closetosoton said:
correct. the height differences will probably be minimal. you could align using hotbird and have astra1 and astra2 to the left (astra2 "lefter" most), since its the weakest bird in your line up, but with your dish size it probably won't matter too much, ultimately it will depend on whether you think you might need more lnbs eastly or westerly... hope that makes sense. cts

Thanks that's useful. I think i'll just try with astra 19E centred first and one LNB either side. If Hotbird is weak I can always re-adjust I guess.

Any idea how far apart they should be? Hotbird/Astra1 should be pretty much next to each ither, right?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This dish is set for those three sats, see the slightly larger gap on the 19.2/28.2 LNBs.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
rolfw said:
This dish is set for those three sats, see the slightly larger gap on the 19.2/28.2 LNBs.

@rolf: is this a zone 2 sky dish? or 70cm raven?

-cts

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's a 70cm Raven Gemini.