Multiple Lnb's on Motorised system ?

Rob T

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What is the feasibility of having more than one LNB on a Motorised set-up ? The thinking behind this is that I plan to have motorised system with up to 4 receivers in different rooms. Using a Quad output LNB would allow this, the only drawback being that they all only could receive channels from a single satellite at any one time. Could therefore using more than one LNB plus something like a Multiple Switch 2 x 4 or 4 x 4 which Globalcom switches do at www.globalcom.co.uk/communal/frame1 allow the viewing of different satellites from different receivers at the same time, or is this only really possible on a fixed dish system ?

Just trying to find out all the different possibilities open before I commit myself to one setup or another.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As multiple LNBs would have to be preset, they would only marry up to other satellites at one point in the arc, the point you originally set them for, so not a workable idea.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You could always have a fixed muti satellite dish as well as a motorised one in the same system

R

robbins1940

I been thinking about having 2 lnbs on my motorised dish, one a quad band magnetic polariser type and the other a universal lnb.

So that when the centre lnb is on 23.5 east the universal is looking at 28.2 east.

Thinking about this because a Sky Digibox can't controll a quad band/polariser/feedhorn type lnb.

The other option is putting up a second dish and hope no one notices or complains. Trouble is my 1.2m channel master dish is up without pp and I don't want to push my luck.

David