Multiswitch

R

Rude Dog

Hi. I was wondering if someone can tell me the correct procedure in connecting 6 digital recievers using 1 LNB. It was my understanding that I would need a quattro LNB and a 4 in (High V&H and Low V&H inputs) and 6 out multiswitch box in order in properly connect six recievers using 1 LNB. However, today I saw a 2 in (H and V) and 6 out made by Thompson which claims to be digital ready. I assumed in the past, that twin LNB with the 2 in and 6 out could only be used in analog system and not in a digital system. Can someone please confirm this. Also, does somesone know the web site for Thompson. Many thanks in advance.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Thomson is a French company.
Their homepage is http://www.thomson.fr/

I too am surprised at the "2-in only" switch box. Universal LNBs need to be switched between low & high frequencies as well as between H & V polarisation. So a group of boxes each independently needing full control of all those facets must be able to independly pick between the 4 possible "values" (high, low, v, h) - requiring that those 4 are available as distinct inputs to the switch box.
Er, I thought.

2old

R

Rude Dog

Thanks 2old. I believe your are right, however I am going to give thompson a ring and ask them what do they mean by "full digital compatible" which was printed on the label for the 2in and 6 out multiswitch in question. By the way, after reading some of your posts not only in this disscussion board but others as well, I would like to commend you on a job well done. In the past you help not only me, but others as well, in giving concise and correct information on the subject in question. Anyway, MANY THANKS.