Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
_http://translate.google.de/translate?prev=hp&hl=de&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golem.de%2F0911%2F71053.html&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=

we wish ,good luck in your mission:)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Can we have the original link?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I think its in reference to this interview.[TUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7GkJqRv3BI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7GkJqRv3BI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

He is toying with the idea of blocking google from indexing his news sites. Not really a big loss.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Less sh*t to wade through.

gerryl

Reaction score
less repeats anyway...wants ppv on newspaper/media web sites as well...someone should just tell him its to late...spilled milk!...:)

D

deleted

greedy old b****** hope he and his so called failing empire goes down the tubes

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
He's so out of touch its unbelievable. This is why he wants the BBC online content stripped/shutdown, because with it available and offering free news reporting it makes his own irrelevant.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I think he's spoiled the media market enough, he needs to back off and let others do what they are doing, if he doesn't like it, screw him, the internet is not his, so he can leave his head firmly where it is currently (I.E. up his rear!!!)... :p

we are borg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hummy 5400, Dragon cam, Triax 1.1 mtr dish
My Location
N.E. ENGLAND
perhaps he can follow that other wonderful news magnet who wanted to control eveything and end up dead in the sea.

I am sure there will voulunteers to take the boat out to deep water.

we are borg

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
I think you'll find Murdoch is more in touch than people think.

He's actually spoken out about doing something that other traditional news/media organisations would like but don't say. If everyone follows suit what will be left for Googles dumb bots to index?

Googles search engines are already filled with linkback pages, twitter feeds and pointless dross... without being able to spider into sites with info on them the dross count will increase.

How does this benefit the media organisations? They can start recouping advertising revenue, as who would pay google to advertise if people use it less because they can't find any useful/relevant information?

Googles strength for advertising comes from the one hit when people search. Once they find a relevant site and bookmark it they don't need google to find it again.

It's one Borg against another... Both can lose their stranglehold, but someone needs to get the ball rolling.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Nelbert said:
I think you'll find Murdoch is more in touch than people think.

He's actually spoken out about doing something that other traditional news/media organisations would like but don't say.

Nah, from the interview posted above by Compufunk (that I almost turned off after hearing the soundbite at 0.26 of 'dominates the media Landscape in the.... UK' followed by 'we want to charge'), the remainder was simply a one sided argument and last ditch advert for NewsCorp, by somebody that was pensioned off a few years back.
Sure Rupert gets wheeled back every month or so to rant, simply because everyone else in the family is absolutely unknown by the man in the street should they turn up on television.

A great pity this man that was given the golden key to educating the world back in the 80's, but openly chooses to associate newsworthiness in Krugerand like currency, losing any credibility except by those two-bit financial directors clambering for a piece of the Murdoch ppv white elephant.

No doubt he will win some award for the 37 minute presentation.......

(the irony that the 'interview' is on YouTube could be lost on some)