Music Channels ( Audio Quality)

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Firstly , you might already know this that MTV2 POP (german version) has it's encrption taken off and know is FTA. :)

In my opinion MCM, Deejay TV have there audio stream done brilliantly, The sound is top stuff. Where as all VIVA and MTV europe sound very stuffed. Are MCM, Deejay YV broadcasting at higher bit rates or may Dolby Surround.

Can someone put me right as why not all music stations sound so good?

Has anyone listened to all the music stations through a digital amp and powerful speakers and are my opinions right on what I say?

Shahid

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
You are pretty much right i believe Shahid

Generally a majority of the audio channels are restricted on the Bit rate and hence some of the quality issues during re-encoding.

A vast majority do not carry the Dolby pro logic or more important the dolby digital sound tracks due to the additional bandwith space and higher levels of bit transfer rates required.

One of the best checks i have done in the past is to check the quality with a certian well know German broadcaster that indeed carries many movies in digital with some of the lesser channels that you name - and I agree you can hear the differance.

Ps I Have a Pioneer Referance THX AC3 DTS Dolby digital system with THX speakers.

What reciever do you use ?

Best Regards

Old Satellite

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
I just have a nokia9800S connected via scart to a 25inch nicam SONY.