Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
Hi all,
I followed various threads with interest and eventually got it running on my Windows 10 laptop without too much bother, the antenna unfortunately has to be in the loft, but coverage is about 70 - 80 miles and sometimes even more - depending on propagation.
I then ordered a Pi and the fun really started, but in the end got that working, stand alone on the Pi and across the home network.
Thanks for all the info guys.

wx sats next I think.

Attachments

• Test 1.jpg
    Test 1.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 18
A

Archive-8

Hi all,
I followed various threads with interest and eventually got it running on my Windows 10 laptop without too much bother, the antenna unfortunately has to be in the loft, but coverage is about 70 - 80 miles and sometimes even more - depending on propagation.
I then ordered a Pi and the fun really started, but in the end got that working, stand alone on the Pi and across the home network.
Thanks for all the info guys.

wx sats next I think.

Nice going :Y

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nice - you get more aircraft than I do :D

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
Hi AS,

Yes we get quite a few aircraft overhead as It is quite flat here just north of the Essex / Suffolk border and we are not far from one of the flight paths for Stansted airport, and Mildenhall base is not that far from me to the North or for that matter Wattisham to the East North East.

Prowler1 and Prowler2 both Army Air Corps Apache helicopters popped up last week a couple of times, I assume they must be somewhere near Wattisham as there is a base there and they sometimes fly over the bungalow.

This morning spotted on screen was BRNCO30 a United States Marine Corps Lockheed KC-130J Hercules and while having lunch 2 Army Air Corps Apache helicopters AAC442 and AAC441 flew over the bungalow and could be seen from the kitchen window. STRIX21 another a United States Marine Corps Lockheed KC-130J was caught on a screen grab with 1 Apache.

It's a shame that the position is not shown on the map, but it would be rather stupid

2 x Apache.jpgApache and KC130J.jpg