My Bodged dish

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
Here's my tempo bodged dish, replaces a lidl style 57cm, good results considering it's bodged, i think the tops of the trees just take off a little bit of signal.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
It might be the tape over the LNB cap that's taking off a bit of the signal when it gets damp...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
2cvbloke said:
It might be the tape over the LNB cap that's taking off a bit of the signal when it gets damp...

Without a doubt!

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
what i mean by that is with my old dish is if i put it up higher on the mount the signal gets a bit better

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
martz said:
what i mean by that is with my old dish is if i put it up higher on the mount the signal gets a bit better

Ah, still may be a good idea to replace the tape with some zip-ties and duck tape, but keeping the LNB cap uncovered to prevent water attenuation...

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Are there any screws in that dish? Or is it held together with duck tape?
:-rofl2

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barnet, North London
there is one bolt, at the bottom, it goes through the dish arm, it is on a fixed pole screwed to the wall, it's quite sturdy.