My Christmas Wish

J

J.M.OUTTEN

Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#1
I would like a satellite receiver with;
3000+ channels
2 common interface slots
2 scarts
Embedded Freeview
Decent 7 day EPG
OTA software upgrades

I suppose the Fortec Star comes close, but no OTA upgrades.

Any ideas, anyone
 
Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
25,987
Likes
5,886
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#2
Why freeview in the same box ?
 
Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
25,987
Likes
5,886
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#4
one is from space, the other is a terrestrial service, so you would still require two outside receiving devices

besides what if you are watching one, but want to record the other, without a hard disc ?
 
waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#5
J.M.OUTTEN said:
I would like a satellite receiver with;
3000+ channels
2 common interface slots
2 scarts
Embedded Freeview
Decent 7 day EPG
OTA software upgrades

I suppose the Fortec Star comes close, but no OTA upgrades.

Any ideas, anyone
Looks like the only receiver that will come close to what you need is a Xtreme PVR....9000 channels, 2 common etc.....
 
J

J.M.OUTTEN

Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#6
Channel Hopper said:
one is from space, the other is a terrestrial service, so you would still require two outside receiving devices

besides what if you are watching one, but want to record the other, without a hard disc ?
I already have the 2 outside receiving devices, doesn`t everybody?
 
J

J.M.OUTTEN

Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#7
waverider said:
Looks like the only receiver that will come close to what you need is a Xtreme PVR....9000 channels, 2 common etc.....
Cheers I`ll have a look at it.
 
waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#8
J.M.OUTTEN said:
Cheers I`ll have a look at it.
Yep it's a good STB m8.....I have one myself...embedded cam works well.....no real need for a MR!......
 
Top