My CubeRevo 3000HDPVR arrived this afternoon

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Bought from one of our supporting advertiser, it arrived within 24hrs and looks like a really nice piece of kit.:)

Setting up with the standard image is very easy, had USALS up and running very quickly and it finds my key satellites without issue.

My next task is to install one of the non-official images and see how things go from there, I'm hoping that they retain the basic features of the standard image, as I quite like the way it works.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I think I've got my work cut out now, as the images and info are splattered around the net in several different languages and in no really logical order. Certainly one of the images, requires that you load an original then all of the updates in order before you can get to the latest one, not something I'm too keen on doing.

Also using FTP, the username and password work, but the same password and username don't work for the web interface, oh well, looks like I've got a busy few days ahead.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Think the Ip box 910 is the same box as yours
_http://www.satupdate.net/soubory/AB%20IPBox%20HD/?notop

Some stuff here, may need to register

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes thanks, been there, been to lots of sites.:)

starman345

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10' c/ku dish Bullseye II feed, Gbox 3000, 90cm Dish, SG-2100,
Prof 7301 PCI
TBS 8922 PCI
TBS 6925 PCI-E
My Location
New Brunswick Canada
I'll be watching this thread, I'm especially interested if this unit has an option in the menu to allow it to work with my NTSC tv. Also, curious if it can actually blind scan a dvb-s2 signal. The feature list is pretty impressive, but you never know until someone actually puts it through its paces.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure about the blind scanning, not really explored yet, but been setting up the satellites again using DiSEqC 1.2 rather than USALS, as couldn't get it to lock on 16E with USALS for some reasons.:)

astro-k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+, Dreambox 7020
My Location
SE
Hi
I've been looking at the Cuberevo twin dvb-s2 pvr as the Dreambox 8000 is a silly price. How do you feel about your Cuberevo a month on?

starman345

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10' c/ku dish Bullseye II feed, Gbox 3000, 90cm Dish, SG-2100,
Prof 7301 PCI
TBS 8922 PCI
TBS 6925 PCI-E
My Location
New Brunswick Canada
I'm interested too, dvb-s2 blind scan?, Pal, NTSC automatic or selectable in the menu for us North American people?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
hi rolfw,

just seen that you have one of these now.

what is it like as i've been looking at getting a hd linux receiver and seen these as the price is a lot less than a dreambox.

are they easy to install images to and is there a lot of support for them ?

as i've been unsure about linux receivers after i bought that stupid tm9100.

thanks

wod

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry wod, wasn't being rude, didn't see your post.:)

I like the box, nicely built and has some nice features.

Regarding upgrades, have at this stage only upgraded to the latest official image, it was quite tedious, as the beginners' guide stated that certain keys needed to be pressed on startup but for this Cuberevo it didn't work, so took me a couple of weeks to get it working, eventually speaking to Pulsat who gave me the correct procedure.:)

All you need to do for upgrading the basic image is rename the image file to usb_update.img and load onto a freshly formatted USB stick, do a soft shutdown on the box by pressing power and OK buttons, connect the USB stick and then press and hold the power button on the front until the USB Upgrade message appears on the display.:) On the newer official software, you can upgrade from the receiver menu.

Waiting now for a stable unofficial image to load, but in no rush.

The software support in the forums is not good compared to the Dreambox, but then the Dreambox has been going for a long time now, sure the support for these receiver will improve and as I have more of a play with it, I'll start adding information.:)

bro1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ipbox 9000
My Location
manchester
the latest sifteam images are stable now and have more plugins to play around with also you can multiboot and put enigma 2 images on usb stick or hardrive

all images logins will be root
and password will be either
relook
ipbox
siteam
and i think cubrevo

mosagman54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
XpSP2
KSC 570
My Location
Egypt
rolfw,please continue informing us about your cuberevo because we are interrested in it